What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Tricky! I hadn't considered them. But it seems like Ingraham B and maybe Theta Cygni XII could reasonably be assumed to be in the Federation. Levinius V can't be because if there was a Federation 200 years ago, Zefrem Cochrane would have heard of it.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'll have re-view that scene and the dialogue. But I defer to your judgement on this one. I agree its a tricky one.This fun, in reviewing the planet names. Some are really cool names.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"You're so obsessed!"Well, given that Argus X seemed uninhabited and Tycho IV had a antimatter bomb detonated on it, it wasn't inhabited either.But the Yorktown is sitting around waiting for the Enterprise once again to pick up a shipment of medicines for Theta VII.I haven't had a chance to review the dialogue in Operation Anihilate yet. But I can let it go.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was a hard one! I remembered the two planets they visited, Argus and Tycho. But then I remembered Enterprise has to rendezvous with the Yorktown. Then I figured it out.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Berengaria VII may not have had Federation citizens where Spock saw a dragon, but Omicron Ceti III had a Federation colony. Was that already named?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
What about Rigel 12? And the Childress lithium mining colony.Rigel has come up often. Pike and the Enterprise visited Rigel 7, but that wasn't a Federation planet. And Mr. Hengist comes from Rigel 4, that might be a Federation planet.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I believe you mentioned Rigel as a system at the beginning, so I counted that for all of the legitimate Rigel answers.Not giving any individual hints, but just to give you a sense of it, of all the the remaining answers, we only actually SEE one of the planets. The rest are only mentioned.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
On another subject (kind of), anyone interested in some early holiday cheer can check out the new Star Trek ornaments at any Hallmark store today and tomorrow. There's a Scotty one and a great scene from Arena with music.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Lee, the Rigel system covers them all. Interesting that the writers may not have realized the variety of class M planets in the Rigel system. And thanks for the heads up on the Hallmark ornaments. Time for another purchase to add to the collection! I missed two, Mr. Khan and the Motion Picture Enteprrise. Had a bad year and forgot to get them! I'll have to check my collection and take stock of what's missing and try to find them.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I like the episode scene ones best. I'm glad they chose Arena this time. I wonder if Rigel is the most frequently mentioned star in Star Trek. That would be my off-the-top-of-my-head answer.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I've always been partial to the ship ornaments Lee. :) It was fun one year to have a tree full of ships! That Rigel question would make a good question! I can think of several.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Your tree will be a little more crowded this year...in addition to the two ornaments I mentioned, they also have the U.S.S. Kelvin from the Abrams movie.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I'm not a fan of the "JJprise", however I did like the design of the Kelvin and it's Motion Picture aesthetic from a Franz Joseph concept using TOS elements. So it's a nice homage to a non canon design. I was just going about wrapping up some stuff for the evening and had MeTV on. Thriller was being aired, two episodes, one after the other. I wasn't paying attention and I heard a familiar voice. Reggie Nalder! The episode was The Terror of Teakwood.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Thriller was high on the creepiness quotient, making it a natural home for Reggie Nalder.No, I think Minara was pretty much a mystery to the Federation. Linke and Ozaba were there, but it seemed like it was much more temporary than a colony. Like Psi 2000, for example.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Not that this has anything to do with the current trivia question, but I thought this image which I received from Facebook yesterday was quite nice:

1003689_768483499834824_693792295_n.jpg

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Okay Lee, I thought Minara was a long shot! You are right about the creepiness factor! I've sampled about 4 or 5 episodes and they were pretty creepy! Very different from the other genre series at the time. There was one Jack the Ripper episode reminiscent of Wolf in the Fold with a less then positive ending! If they hold to broadcast order, Shatner's second appearance on the series is coming up and I was really curious to see it. I missed his first appearance. Scott, that's cool to see all 5 cast photos put together like that. I'm used to seeing them separate. One thing I never realized before, every crew's uniform has the arrowhead emblem except the Enterprise crew! Obviously they are pre Federation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks