What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (6 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"You should have been a prosecuting attorney!"Great start guys! All correct and Whom Gods Destroy counts! I was still thinking of Joan Winston this morning. I only saw Trekkies 1, but I haven't seen Trekkies 2 where she's interviewed. I thought Trekkies 1 was well done and well intentioned. But made me a little uncomfortable. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"You come from Rigel." And " just whats on the record." Yes, I was thinking these two examples might get missed! That's 4 to 4.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
I only saw the first Trekkies documentary also. I enjoyed it, although I thought they probably should have been a little more sensitive to the subjects who had some emotional problems, like the woman who would look toward Brent Spiner's house from her roof. We can all laugh about dressing in costumes and being silly, but it's hard to fit serious problems into that format. I didn't know Joan Winston was in the sequel. I will try to check it out.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,Have Lee and I guessed all of your answers, or are there more?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,May we rule out The Man Trap and The Alternative Factor? Those were interrogations, but not really hearings or trials of any kind.

How about The Enterprise Incident?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott, those were interrogations alright. I'm not feeling that Enterprise Incident counts, that was sort of caught red handed.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
You mean you froze?Hmm, I totally didn't think of that example. In Kirk's frame of mind, it seemed more like an interrogation! But that was sort of like a hearing and debriefing.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys, I just wanted to be thorough and went through the transcripts for Obession and Enterprise Incident.In Obsession, it felt like they were debriefing Garrovick. In Enterprise Incident, first the Romulan Commander meets Kirk and Spock and accuses them of spying. Then later after Spock is caught, he uses the right of Statement to buy time for Kirk to get the clocking device to work. So it seems in both episodes those were not exactly hearings or trials as far as I can tell. What do you think?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
What about Obsession?
Lee,I thought of that one as well, and almost added it to my list including The Man Trap and The Alternative Factor. But I didn't exactly freeze. ;)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Guys, I just wanted to be thorough and went through the transcripts for Obession and Enterprise Incident.In Obsession, it felt like they were debriefing Garrovick.In Enterprise Incident, first the Romulan Commander meets Kirk and Spock and accuses them of spying. Then later after Spock is caught, he uses the right of Statement to buy time for Kirk to get the clocking device to work.So it seems in both episodes those were not exactly hearings or trials as far as I can tell. What do you think?
Nelson,

I think you're right, that those are not hearings. But of course it's your question, so "You make the call." ;)

But if you need further input on the matter, we the people suggest the following:
"Aypledgli ianectu flaggen ... tupep kile for stahn ...".

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
He was cast out! Lee, I reviewed the transcript for Omega Glory too just to see if I might have missed something there. I'm still not sure it had a hearing or trial. Unless the whole last act is Cloud William putting Tracy and Kirk on trial?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
That would be one interpretation of the last act of The Omega Glory, which was why I suggested it. It doesn't yield much justice, but there are the trappings of a trial in The Squire of Gothos.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
How about in "Where No Man Has Gone Before" - the hearing on what to do about Gary Mitchell? I don't recall if it was called an actual hearing, or just a meeting. But I like "The Squire of Gothos" answer above better.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I can't believe I missed Trelane. Nicely done, Lee!

Joel,Good to see you in this thread. And if/when it's ever your question, ask away. All series and films are fair game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks