What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (4 Viewers)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It feels like I'm dying...of suffocation...in the icy cold of space.What I'm doing, as you have surely surmised, is going through the planets I remember being mentioned in Where No Man Has Gone Before, as I haven't seen Encounter at Farpoint in more than 25 years. I'll take one more shot and then let someone else try. Kaferia (or whatever planet gave us Kaferian apples)?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Watched the first couple of new Arrested Development episodes and one major plot point hinges on the "mako root" found in the California desert.We are everywhere!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
"Hello, Jim. Hey, you look worried. ""I've been worried about you ever since that night on Deneb IV. "

"Captain's log, stardate 41153.7. Our destination is planet Deneb Four, beyond which lies the great unexplored mass of the galaxy. My orders are to examine Farpoint, a starbase built there by the inhabitants of that world."

That's it Lee!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I can't come up with the answer without looking it up. And that wouldn't be very nice of me. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The Deneb connection I thought in Enterprise was another error on my part. I kept thinking Dr. Phlox's home planet, who is Denobulan, is part of the Deneb system. But it's not.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
No new trivia?It's officially Scott's turn next. In the interim while Scott was involved in other things, I tossed out a question that Lee got. So Lee is the next runner up. Or perhaps another challenger would like to step up?

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Sorry, kind of lost track.We have a captain of the Enterprise and, eventually Spock is promoted to commander. Oodles of ensigns and lieutenants. Can you name all the crew members with the rank of lieutenant commander?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
We're talking solely about TOS, I presume? I'll start.

Spock
Bones
ScottyBen Finney

We also have Sulu and Kyle (later) in the films, but I don't know if you're counting those.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
All the series ones are correct. I'm happy to include the movies. I thought Kyle identified himself as "Commander Kyle." When does Sulu get identified as Lt. Commander?

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
FanCollector said:
All the series ones are correct. I'm happy to include the movies. I thought Kyle identified himself as "Commander Kyle." When does Sulu get identified as Lt. Commander?
Lee,If you're asking that question regarding Sulu, then I'm wrong. I just threw that one in thinking that he was eventually a Lieutenant Commander.

As for Kyle, I thought he had that rank while on the Reliant. It's possible that he was the commander, but not a lieutenant commander.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting that most of the bridge crew made the rank of Captain in the films.How many more Lt Commanders left Lee?.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
It wasn't a challenge question--I honestly don't know if Sulu was ever identified as a lieutenant commander. Part of the problem is the rank insignia thing. Ann Mulhall is never identified verbally by rank, but her uniform indicates it. (We make an exception for Spock, who is referred to as a lieutenant commander in spite of his stripes.) In the movies, I don't know what the insignias on the short sleeve shirts mean. Sulu probably got promoted for the first movie, but we don't hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Areles
    Recent bookmarks