What's new

Scott Atwell Star Trek Discussion thread (Series and Films) (8 Viewers)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Scott-
Yes, I don't recall that the shuttle's name in Metamorphosis was mentioned or seen, same with the shuttle that Decker stole, or the one in The Way to Eden.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Nelson Au said:
Okay, here we go into geekdom. I believe the turntable in the hanger bay was an elevator and there's room below that deck for shuttles. And I just checked the Making of Star Trek and there's some elevation drawings indicating the turntable is an elevator. I'm too into this stuff!
Aren't we all. I checked the same thing!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Scott-
Yes, I don't recall that the shuttle's name in Metamorphosis was mentioned or seen, same with the shuttle that Decker stole, or the one in The Way to Eden.
Nelson,
Yes, you're right regarding those episodes. I thought you meant that they were never mentioned in the series. :) Here is what was said in The Galileo Seven. Both 'Galileo' and 'Columbus' are mentioned by name (but neither by number).
On boardis Galactic High Commissioner Ferris,
overseeing the deliver of the medicines to Makus 3.
Captain to shuttlecraft Galileo--
Stand by, Mr. Spock.
I remind you, Captain,
I'm entirely opposed to this delay.
Your mission is to get those emergency medical supplies
to Makus 3 in time for their transfer
to the New Paris colonies.
No problem, Commissioner.
[and later]
This is the captain speaking.
Flight deck, prepare Columbus for immediate exit...
for a search of the planet surface.
Correlate coordinates with Mr. Sulu.
Thank you.
Anything, Uhura?
All wave lengths dominated by ionization effects, sir.
Transmission is blocked, reception impossible.
Well, Captain?
We have until 2823.8 to continue the search, Commissioner.
You don't really think you'll have any luck, do you?
Look, these people are my friends and my shipmates.
I intend to continue the search for them
until the last possible moment.
Very well, Captain.
But not one second beyond that moment.
Is that clear?
If it isn't,
Look at book 1 9, section 433, paragraph 1 2.
I'm familiar with the regulations, Commissioner.
I know all about your authority.
Launch shuttlecraft Columbus.
Star Trek Sickbay - TOS: Episody - 14 - The Galileo Seven - Transcript
I can't think of any others, however.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Yeah Scott, I don't think we ever hear another Shuttlecraft named in TOS, other then Columbus and Galileo and Galileo 2 is seen on screen, as Rick confirms above. The Way to Eden is an episode I've not seen in a log time!. TNG and DS9 have many shuttle names.
That transcript site is kind cool!
And thanks Troy, the Trek Universe is cool!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Yeah Scott, I don't think we ever hear another Shuttlecraft named in TOS, other then Columbus and Galileo and Galileo 2 is seen on screen, as Rick confirms above. The Way to Eden is an episode I've not seen in a log time!. TNG and DS9 have many shuttle names.
That transcript site is kind cool!
And thanks Troy, the Trek Universe is cool!
Nelson,
I love that site. It has wonderful pics, too. I've used hundreds of them in trivia threads on another board.
The transcripts are quite good; every now and then there will be an error or two. But on the whole, they're solid. ;)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was listening to The Menagerie this past weekend and thought of a good question.
What does Commodore Mendez's intials J.I. stand for? THe first intial you should know. Though I never heard what name the "I" is for, so it's extra special credit if you know it. I'll look it up cause I asked the question!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
I was listening to The Menagerie this past weekend and thought of a good question.
What does Commodore Mendez's intials J.I. stand for? THe first intial you should know. Though I never heard what name the "I" is for, so it's extra special credit if you know it. I'll look it up cause I asked the question!
Nelson,
Great question! I'm guessing the 'J' stands for Jose; does the 'I' stand for 'Imendez'? I have not looked this one up, so I could be way off here.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
Hi Scott!
You're right, it is Jose! But I have not found what the "I" is for yet.
Nelson,
Okay, great. I don't think I can come up with the 'I' without cheating, so I'll let someone else take a crack at it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I guess there probably was no name for Commodore Jose Mendez's middle initial!
Okay, this weekend is The Fourth of July Holiday weekend and the Star Trek Remastered program is repeating The Omega Glory in honor of the holiday.
Here's a new stab at some trivia questions where they start really easy and I've tried to add a few more with increased difficulty. They all pertain to this weekends Omega Glory:
1. Morgan Woodward appears as Captain Ronald Tracy of the Exeter, name another episode Woodward appears in and who does he portray.
2. How long between each Year of the Red Bird?
3. What is the Exeter’s Chief Medical Officer’s name? (This one might be unfair because I don't recall ever hearing it spoken on screen)
4. Omega Glory was one of three episodes where the Enterprise encounters another Constitution class starship with a dead crew. Can you name the other 2?
5. Did you know this episode was one of three considered for the second pilot to be filmed? What was the other two? Obviously, the other one was filmed as the second pilot and the third was also filmed as a regular episode!
6. Which two regular Star Trek cast members do not appear in this episode?
Good luck!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
5. Did you know this episode was one of three considered for the second pilot to be filmed? What was the other two? Obviously, the other one was filmed as the second pilot and the third was also filmed as a regular episode!
I've heard this answer over the years, so I will bow out of this question. Others may take a crack at it if they like. :)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Name this character and actor and what episode it came from.
Additionally, the actor was well known at the time for something else. Bonus points if you know and how it found it's way into the Star Trek blooper reel.
(On a side note, you can see the Starfleet symbol behind him. Not the Delta shield it became in the films and the new JJ film. Just a side note for that other discussion we were having on the Trek film thread.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
If you watch Enterprise, you can see that Mike Okuda acutally knew this and used a stylized version of the arrow head for that era's Starfleet symbol. Very cool.)
htf_imgcache_33765.jpeg

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson,
That looks like The Trouble With Tribbles. If true, then that's Admiral Fitzpatrick. As for the blooper reel part of the question, he's the guy that did the Allstate commercials years ago. One of the reels has him saying his famous line ("You're in good hands... ) in the reel. I'll have to look at my blooper reels soon to be certain.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Nelson Au said:
You got it! Except the actor's name. But you got the answer! Your turn.
Nelson
Nelson,
Okay, great. I couldn't have come up with the actor's name without looking that one up.
Here is the next question:
Name at least two episodes of TOS in which Leslie (Eddie Paskey) speaks.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Maybe someone else can answer who portrayed Admiral Fitzpatrick.
I know the two times that Eddie Pasky spoke, still trying to remember the episode where he spoke the second time, I can see it in my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jack_graham861
    Recent bookmarks