What's new

Scorsese box set announced!!!! (1 Viewer)

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
This was already reported some days ago, but I guess it deserves its own thread. You can check out the covers (and some menu screens) at DVD Times' site:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=11393

Note that the Goodfellas dvd, while a 2 disc release, also seems to come in a keepcase. I think it's a bit strange that, besides Goodfellas, only Mean Streets carries the "Special Edition" banner....

This collection will be mine 8/17 faster than you can say "studio of the year".

RobertM.Fleming

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps the Mean Streets and Goodfellas have SE on them because they were already released once before by warner...and the others have not been.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I've been waiting for this since it was rumored 2 years ago!

Can't wait.

Warners is absolutly crippling my bank: Marx Bros. this month, Tarzan next month, Noirs in July , Scorsese in Sept....

Antonio Silva

Stunt Coordinator
Any word if the films in the box set will be available seperately? I'm interested in Mean Streets, but not the others...

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I won't be getting the box set, but I will gladly pick up 'Goodfellas' and 'After Hours' individually. 'After Hours' I had only seen once on late night television and was enthralled by it. It'll be great to finally own it. Another I've been meaning to pick up, which sort of gives off the same vibe as AH is 'Eyes Wide Shut' by Kubrick.

BarryS

Second Unit
This is great news and I'm very, very excited. Mainly about the Goodfellas SE, but anamorphic Mean Streets with Scorsese commentary is an answer to prayer as well. As for the other three films, I haven't seen After Hours in a long time, but I think I liked it. I just saw Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore and Who's That Knocking At My Door recently for the first time. Alice I thought was excellent, so I'd like to have that one. However, I was less impressed with Who's That Knocking At My Door. It was certainly interesting to see, being Scorsese's feature debut but it has a blatant film-student feel to it. It seems almost like a prototype of Mean Streets. Interesting, but not essential, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks