What's new
World Wide Stereo

SCORCHED EARTH HOT --- Alien Quad for $42 at Costco!!!!! (And other FOX set deals) (1 Viewer)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Cmon guys, hasn't ANYBODY from Canada tried this yet???

I won't be able to check until Wednesday, but I'll take a drive if I need too.

Brent

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

TimHON

Agent
Picked up a number of the above mentioned items plus they had all the Friends seasons for 24.99 so I picked up a couple of those too.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
This has to be the best deal of the year.
I was going to wait to pick this up after Christmas but now it is a no brainer.

I got Alien Quad, and both seasons of 24 for ~ $100.

That is amazing.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Doug,

Did they have a lot left? What about Dark Angel I am about to go get a membership just for this deal!

MartinTeller

Screenwriter
I've heard (I haven't tried it myself) that you can just ask for a day pass or something to check Costco out on a trial basis without springing for the membership. I might try that today. I was just going to get the first two movies, but this is at most $5-6 more than what the lowest new release prices will be on those.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I managed Alien Quad, NYPD BLUE S1 and SIMPSONS S3 this morning. The store was packed, but everyone seemed pretty oblivious to this deal. The stock was high on all items. I'm very pleased.

Thanks for the heads up.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Unless you buy a membership at checkout, however, I think you have to pay a 5-10% surcharge on whatever you purchase.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Greg-

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I will drag my flu-ridden butt there in the AM & pick up Alien and (if they have it, King of the Hill season 2). Fortunately, my Costco had HUNDREDS of the Alien set. I'm not worried about it selling out.

Again, thanks Greg. Happy holidays to all/Ed

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
When I was there last night they were running low on AQ, King of the Hill and Simpsons. I'm going back tonight to check out the stock. I may get the Simpsons S3 and maybe KoH. Others seemed oblivious to the sale as well.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Ooh, it's twue!!! :)

Got Alien and Simpsons 3, but a lot of the other stuff was already gone at my local Costco. Thanks for the tip!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Some stuff was gone, most stuff was there.

I managed to get them to price-adjust both AQ and a Fox TV-on-DVD set I had bought within the last 30 days. $35 back in my pocket. Note that it took a long time to get a manager, and then a while to talk her into doing it. But it was worth it for that much!

Then I went and bought 3 Fox TV-DVD sets on sale at $24.99 each. I looked for a fourth one, but it was out. In any case, I got 'em and if they aren't under the tree, then I keep them. If they turn out to be duplicates, they go right back after Christmas! :D

Shh...don't tell my wife!!! :wink:

Greg S

Supporting Actor

Don't worry I won't if you won't -- LOL!!

Besides you might want to politely ask her how much she paid for whatever she got you that are duplicates, afterall I am sure your $24.99 prices are better than whatever she may have gotten them for.

Greg

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
RE: This was the TV series boxset.

I picked up Angel Seasons 1+2... I have been waiting for a good deal on this! Culled with Buffy S4+5 I am getting for my birthday (Dec 31st), I am gonna have a hella lotta Whedon to get through this January ;)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
grr picked up alien,simpsons 1-3,futurama 1-2, but they were out of Dark Angel 2 so i passed on the first season.

Frank S

Grip
Thanks for the heads up, Greg. Got my $20 from Alien back and bought Simpsons 1-3 and both Family Guy sets.

Eric Larsen

Agent
Went to the Fairfax, Virginia Costco today and got the Alien set for 42.99!

Heads up: they had a Universal section with Back to the Future, the Jurassic Park set, the High School Reunion collection, Bob Hope, and more. Each were marked 27.99 but the Jurassic Park and Back to the Futures sets we picked up immediately subtracted five dollars each at the register -

So 22.99 each!

Have no idea if that deal disappears at the end of the day or not. Either way it's one to note along with all their other fantastic holiday deals!

Happy Holidays!

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I went to two different costcos to pick up Buffy S2-4, Angel S1-2, and 24 S1-2. I looked for Buffy Season 1, but neither place had it. Lots of TV to watch now with no commericals.

Vic Cordova

Agent
picked up the last (whew!) copy of AQ
sadly, there were no simpsons, family guys, or barton fink/miller's crossing sets available....

culver city, ca

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
No AQ But I was'nt looking for it anyhow. I had to Dig but I finally found One of the last two NYPD Blue S2. $24.99 what a fantastic Job thanks guys for the Heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks