What's new

Barnes & Noble 50% Off British TV Blu-ray and DVD 9/20/2019 - 9/22/2019 (?In-store Only) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
In anticipation of the British TV DVD and Blu-ray 50% Off MSRP sale starting Friday 9/20 and running through Sunday night 9/22/2019. There are still some unknowns though.

I can't find if this sale will extend to the online site or not. In-store titles should be allowed though some items we might consider British TV aren't always classified that way in the computer. If your store has limited/no Media or an item in OOS in your local store -- you should still be able to participate via the in-store ship-to-home orders as long as items are in stock. If you are too far away from any B&N store and it turns out to be in-store only, many stores will do Ship-to-Home orders over the phone though most will not allow Gift Cards to be used for security reasons.

I don't know if the usual 3rd September Weekend Member Appreciation Sale will happen. If so member discounts double to 20%.

I will assume extra 10-20% Coupons will be blocked on 50% off items.

Ship to Home orders for preorders SOMETIMES are allowed, other times they are not. I know some folks were hoping for a nice price on the upcoming Pertwee (OCT 15) and Baker (DEC 3) sets. It's probably worth checking.

From one of the store's Facebook Pages

"In celebration of this exciting Downton Abbey follow up, we are having a British TV Weekend!!
What does that mean to you? Well!

- Save 50% off all British TV DVDs and BluRays from 9/20 through 9/22

-The Barnes & Noble Exclusive box set of Downton Abbey Seasons 1-3 ($89.99) will be on sale for $19.99!!

-Receive a free cup of Harney & Sons Tea from our Cafe with the purchase of any British TV Dvd or BluRay

-Get a Free Union Jack button with any British TV purchase (while supplies last)

-Enter for a chance to win a Downton Abbey Complete Collection gift set ($199.99) from our store!

- Enter for a chance to win a Free 7 Day Trip to London hosted by Acorn Media!

Worth a trip to the bookstore? We think so! See you this weekend!"

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So far nothing on the website indication an online sale so for now I'm going on the premise it will be in-store only.
Several store social media sites have put up ads so I will assume for now it will be in all B&N stores starting in the morning

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Was in my B&N yesterday, and they're currently running a 40% off sale on British TV.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I think it may have started right after the Criterion/Arrow sale ended. I checked a few of my wishlist items and found nothing of interest.

I'm not sure if the 10% Member applies in store though I don't think it will, but even at 50% it was just getting most titles down to normal street prices of typical BD TV sets the way they structure the MSRP (after 2016-2017 at least). The 50% and the 60% off sales with member discounts were where the savings started. Add a coupon or BF 20% off Gift Card deals, then I could make some real deals out of those, but even the Black Friday Gift Card deals this year were 10%.

Losing the 10 (or 20%) extra upfront on the sale, no member discount, no coupons, and low GC discounts and basically it's a normal August purchase at Best Buy or Deep Discount.

I guess we'll see if they do a full Blu-ray 40% sale this year preChristmas, but they didn't last year, and missed the usual Fathers Day 40% sale. For those sales, I used to clean up using ShiptoHome+Member Discount all my WAC Multidisc, Sony and Universal MOD items that rarely had good widespread sales

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Yeah, I didn't make any purchases. The selection was pretty limited and even at 40% off, their price was still higher than Amazon on a couple of titles about which I might have had interest.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Obviously I love B&N and will do a lot to keep them afloat. I'm still a member even though I doubt I'll come close to saving $25 thsi year, but I owe them for years of great deals. I won't just throw money to them for no reason if something is 10-20% more expensive there though. I still buy most of my books through them, I buy a couple treats at the cafe when I happen by, my wife love's their jigsaw puzzles sales since she can see the puzzle and size in person even if I could probably get them cheaper, she buys a lot of kids books for her Church Christmas and School Year projects. I still get 2/3 of my Criterions and some Arrow items from them, but it's far less on other items than in the past.

There's a Books a Million about 20 miles closer than the closest BN (45 miles), but I default to BN when I need things, but I have to piggyback in-store trips with other shopping runs to Costco or various Big City drives. I used to hit them when we's go to the Good Theaters, but that's been on hold for awhile now.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
There's a Books a Million about 20 miles closer than the closest BN (45 miles), but I default to BN when I need things, but I have to piggyback in-store trips with other shopping runs to Costco or various Big City drives. I used to hit them when we's go to the Good Theaters, but that's been on hold for awhile now.
Almost the same here. B&N is about 45 miles in one direction, and there's a BAM about 50 miles in the opposite direction. I only ever get to one or the other when making major shopping trips to Costco, BJ's, or Target, or seeing a movie in a good theater.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks