What's new

Scientists prove that Coca Cola is better than Pepsi (serious) (1 Viewer)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Official: Coke takes over parts of the brain that Pepsi can't reach

htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
I used to work at Coca Cola mixing batches of syrups for the various flavours and I still preferred Pepsi! :b

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Diet Coke is the bomb yo!

Diet Pepsi is weak. (I cant stand that my office only serves Pepsi.)

Mary M S

Screenwriter
I had a friend growing up who preferred Pepsi, I was the Coke girl. We mixed up our unlabeled drinks (in cups/paper glass) all the time.

We both, said "BLICK" when we did it, we both always knew.

I can ALWAYS tell the diffrence. Bring on the double blind :D

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I like to think I can tell the difference too! I remember being able to tell when I am at a restaurant, although nowadays they will say "Is Pepsi okay?" when you ask for a Coke. :)

What is C2? That's a new Coca Cola right?

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
C2 is Coke with half the calories. It's best in the can. I was expecting a Diet Coke taste, but it had that authentic Coke taste, without any aspertame too-sweet taste, and it seemed just a tad bit creamier than the Real Thing.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
stimulated a huge increase in activity in parts of the brain associated with cultural knowledge, memory and self-image

does this mean I am in dire lack of stated cultural knowledge, memory (I know that’s true…I can’t remember a third of what I read :) ) and self-image….and need a constant boost? OR…..are Mega levels my natural state?…… MUST see more research. :D

Restaurants are better about this. Is Pepsi okay?
Another reason I know I know, though rarely do I order cold drinks, over years I have several times ordered Coke and with no comment, - was brought Pepsi! I would quiz the waiter who would admit “We only serve Pespi, most people don’t mind. I should have asked you”. I stick on this one…and ask for a change to tea or water…..I’m not going to DRINK it. :)

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> nowadays they will say "Is Pepsi okay?" when you ask for a Coke

They have to, to protect themselves. Coke sends spies out to check on that (people selling other colas as "Coke").

JamesED

Second Unit

I agree, Diet Pepsi has a weak, flat taste to it.
I'll tolerate Diet Pepsi in a restaurant, but I never purchase a case for home. If Pepsi products are the ones on sale I'll just grab a case of Diet Mnt. Dew.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Pepsi loses its fizz much quicker. I like Cherry Coke when I lower myself to drink a soda. ;)

Screw both, been drinking nothing but filtered tap-water for the past 2 months and I feel grrrreat!

Greg*go

Supporting Actor

I remember reading about Coke winning a lawsuit where if a place didn't sell Coke, and someone asked for it, they now have to tell them it's Pepsi instead. Coke argued that they might lose customers if they are drinking an inferior product and think it's Coke. I forget if the ruling also applied to someone asking for Pepsi. The place may or may not have to tell them they're getting Coke. I never heard of any spies being sent out though, and I've never heard of anyone getting sued. But since all restaurants do it, I'm guessing someone got sued at some point in time.

JamesCB

Second Unit
I thought it was proven long ago that side by side taste tests do not work. I remember reading about this years ago.

Nearly all of the time, not 100%, the person will pick the second choice. So, if Coke is giving the test, they have them taste their product after the Pepsi, and the person will almost always pick Coke. Same for Pepsi, but vice versa.

James

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Fuck that, what about the movie Looker? Yikes.

Scientifically designed stimulation meant to tap into specific sections of your memory in order to create a positive emotional reaction to the product.

Whatever happened to a catchy jingle? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks