What's new

Scientists prove that Coca Cola is better than Pepsi (serious) (1 Viewer)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
It just goes to show how much better Pepsi tastes, since I'm willing to forego the neural effects of Coke.

Still, Dr. Pepper is better than either one.

Nathan Eddy

Second Unit
Paul, that article was very interesting. I remember the New Coke fiasco vividly, and all the outrage/confusion surrouning it. It's amazing how strong people's emotions are about a soft drink! I wish I could get my hands on some New Coke (or Coke II) now, and compare them side-by-side with Classic Coke. According to their research (blind taste tests), people preferred New Coke to either Pepsi or Classic. What is interesting is that they formulated it from Diet Coke with sugar instead of artificial sweeteners. I can stand Diet Coke (though I prefer Diet Cherry Coke), but I can't image a sugared drink based on this formula beating the big two. Apparently, Coke II still has a 0.1% market share, so it's still being sold somewhere. Amazing. I'm going to do some research and see if I can get my hands on some.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
I'll usually take Snopes' research over the collective opinion of a bunch of people on the internet.

Jason Kirkpatri

Second Unit
"I'll usually take Snopes' research over the collective opinion of a bunch of people on the internet"

I don't know how to use the quote function so you'll have to forgive my quote marks.

If you can define what a "bunch of people" means, that would be more meaningful. To each their own though. Given the sheer number of people that have one of two opinions on this particular subject (and not just prevelant on forum boards either). I'd say there has to be truth to both sides. I just tend to believe my side more than yours. (insert smily face guy here).

Anyway, I prefer water to both Coke and Pepsi any day.

Actually, iced tea rules.

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks