What's new

Sci Fi: Alien Apocolypse (1 Viewer)

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Ok, since search didn't turn up a thread.. corny, campy, and completely a laugh. I saw this and thought about Project Greenlight 3, and said "this is the direction they should have taken"

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda
Chris...this movie was brought up (by me) briefly in a previous thread (about Sci-Fi's "Mansquito"), but no real discussion, since it hadn't even aired at that point:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ight=mansquito

I absolutely love Bruce Campbell, and I'll watch him in ANYTHING. I was also a huge Hercules/Xena fan (in large part for Autolycus, of course!), as well as the whole "Detroit Mafia" gang. So, of course, this was a must-see (written and directed by Josh Becker; music by Joe LoDuca).

I definitely thought it could have been handled better, but it certainly wasn't the worse I've seen (from either Sci-Fi OR Bruce). With Renee O'Connor on board, I kept feeling like I was watching Gabrielle and Autolycus in a time warp.

Overall...not great by any means, but certainly more watchable than it would have been WITHOUT Bruce in the lead. It probably would have been better if they had tried to be EITHER more campy, or more serious, instead of both. As it stands with the final mix, there were too many missed opportunities at both extremes, IMO.

But, hey...it's Bruce. :D

Duane R

Second Unit
Hooray for Autolycus and Gabrielle! I also tuned in for Bruce, and overall it was just a ho-hum experience for me. I was pleasantly surprised to see Renee O'Connor in it though. I haven't seen her since Xena.

Jason Walstrom

Supporting Actor
"You lose anymore fingers you'll be scratchin' your ass with a wooden spoon"

"Hey Scumbag! You forgot something."

"what" Bruce shoots scumbag.

Man dying with arrow in chest, "I thought you were a doctor who believed in healing the sick"

"You're terminaly stupid and I just cured you!"

LOL THAT WAS GOLD!

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I acidently switched it on the other day. Man, that was awful. I just kept thinking, "Bruce deserves better than this crap."

I didn't even watch it long enough to see Renee.

Jason

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Bad yes, didn't finish watching it but the lines where golden, especially the humpback guy telling the Senator to bite his ass. Let me not forget the guy who tried to escape the work camp and had his head bitten off. I don't think you can get any thing done as bad as that was. I laughed at that one.

Linda Thompson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Linda

That was the second such death. The first was the leader of the astronaut group...he had met the same fate earlier, and it was a good bit bloodier.

I loved the one shot where Kelly chopped the head off of one of the aliens and spit down his neck!

(Not using spoiler tags, because I really don't think there's much to be spoiled here. :D )

And, BTW...if anybody missed it and wants to check it out (even if just for curiosity's sake), it comes on again at 9:00 PM (Eastern) on 3/31.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I think part of the thing about the whole film was that it was obviously -designed- to be cheesy camp; the characters were completely laughable in the sense that you had half the people with back problems just needing to get their back cracked as "lifelong injuries"

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That was fun. It was so bad that it was entertaining. And there's nobody who can deliver smart ass lines like Bruce. He really is da man!

I loved the "bug eats human head" death scenes. So cheesy and funny.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Watched it last night. Very cheesy, came close to bailing out several times, but I stuck it out. Heck, I watched all of Mansquito, at least this was "slighlty" better than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks