What's new

saying Hi and Asking Help!! DVD+RW Recorder problem.. (1 Viewer)

jsnmech

Auditioning
Real Name
Jon
First, let me say Hello to everyone. Just joined up via a recommendation of a friend on another board. Cool place ya'll got here.

Now to the question.

Just about a year ago I purchased a Magnovox DVD+RW recorder. It worked flawlessly for the first few months, recording anything I wanted with no problems.
There was about 3 -4 months that the recorder sat unused, while I waited for the new seasons to start. Now during the recording, within 3to 5 minutes of starting, I get a "recording paused" message on the TV.
I have no clue what is causing it. I have so far, unplugged all power and cable connections, for several hours while away, that made no difference. I have changed the batteries in the remote, that made no difference.
I have changed the disc (I use Sony) from the one in the machine to another, that made no difference. I ask Maganovox for help, they have no clue what to tell me.

Any thoughts?

Any and all suggestions welcome!

Jon

mfabien

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michel Fabien
If you could advise us what STB or STB/DVR you are using, and what connection type you are using, we could see if someone has an answer.

If by chance you are using a SA8300HD from a cable company, please specify the software version.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That doesn’t make sense. It can’t be both “during the recording” and “within 3 to 5 minutes of starting.” Which is it?

Can’t you just hit “record” when the show starts? Is this happening with shows you’ve programmed to record, or something else?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks