What's new

Saturday Night Live - The Best of Jimmy Fallon (1 Viewer)

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I had low expectations when this special aired this Saturday night, but I was pleasantly surprised (although I wish Nick Burns had been included). I can't wait to get this one. The cover is much nicer than the other current SNL discs. And best of all, commentary!! Should be interesting.

Future SNL discs that MUST be released:
Best of Phil Hartman Vol. 2 (if Ferrell gets a Vol. 2, Phil more than deserves one). This one should have the full skit of Charleton Heston recording the audiotape version of Sex, plus his "Goodbye" song with Chris Farley.

Best of Steve Martin (I know there was one, but they need to get it in with the current line)

Best of Kevin Nealon

And of course, the early (and best) stars:
John Belushi
Gilda Radner
Chevy Chase
Dan Aykroyd

Mark_Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, it was a great episode. one of the best compilations they have put out. Way better than the Ferrell ones.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I only caught part of it Saturday, but I enjoyed what I saw. I'll probably pick it up when it's released, if i can find it for a decent price.
That is on the Chris Farley disc, I believe.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I really wish they would release "Best of Belushi" and "Best of Aykroyd". I love those compilations.

"Cheeseburger...cheeseburger...Pepsi...Pepsi!"

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I'm really going to have to start collecting these soon. lol. I just never got around to picking them up. I have some of the VHS "Best-ofs" released a few years back but would love to get these DVDs.

I remember some of the VHS releases from the mid-80's....."Best of Chevy Chase" and "Best Of Dan Aykroyd" in particular. They most definitely should put these out on DVD! Nothing beats the originals.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Next to Tim Meadows (who deserves his own DVD, yeah, I know, he joked up his lack of characters a lot, but he is still funny) - Phil Hartman was on the show for the longest. Several cast members have admitted that Phil was the backbone of the show. He more than deserves a second/third release.

I have a whole new respect for Jimmy Fallon after the special. I kind of gave up on him, but luckily I remembered some of his best sketches ever, which stand the test of time. Nice Burns is easily his best character, and most of all, his first. It is kind of a slap in the face not to have it on the the special, they better be on DVD as an extra or in a volume 2. Great cover art!

I rememeber hearing that the future SNL releases will contain classic cast memebers. Possibly the Jon Lovitz Best of a month ago is a sign, :)

Ryan

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I thought of another who needs a Best Of: David Spade.

"And you are...?"
"Look kids--a falling star! Make a wish!"

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I really like the cover art but it'd be nice if they'd revisit the other current releases so that we at least get some sort of consistency with the design.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Marco -

Actually, the new covers were reissues for the originals. I really doubt, and frankly hope they do not change the covers AGAIN. Twice is enough. Let people of different eras have different covers. Unless there are different features, let them be different. I only wish they would of waited on the last line with Kattan etc and had them like Jimmy Fallon.

Ryan

John Goodman
Tim Meadows
Chevy Chase!

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I don't have any of these dvds but I am a fan of the show so maybe I'll have to start collecting them.

The problem is that I watch some of these and wish that they had included more of the signature characters or different scetches than the ones that they did include.

One example is I wish on the Dana Carvey release that I had on VHS that they had included more George Bush. I find myself wishing that for a lot of these though.

I do agree that they should go back to some of the earlier casts.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Frankly, I wouldn't buy any of them again if they changed the covers. I only have two of the DVDs with their original covers: Halloween and Christmas, neither of which are currently available to my knowledge.

Dana Carvey and Eddie Murphy could use second best-ofs too...

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
Which sketches were on the compilation show? I don't really remember anything Fallon did besides Weekend Update, the tech support guy, the dorm guy, and the Boston guy.

~T

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Nick Burns was unfortunately not on their.

Jarret's Room
a long WU montage
a compilation of his songs
"Summer Days"
Boston Teens
Celebrity Jeopardy (Jimmy as Adam Sandler)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks