What's new

Sat Tivo question (1 Viewer)

Robert EW

Grip
Can anyone tell me if there is a satellite receiver (preferably Sony) that offers picture in picture (record 2 programs or watch one live program while recording another) and dolby digital 5.1

I was told Tivo offers the dual recording but, I think there is confusion and really what Tivo can do is let you record a program and watch a previously recorded program on the hard drive (not a live show).

I am sure Ultimate TV offers the recording ability but I am certain about Dolby digital.

Last question: Do any Sat recording receivers come in high definition

I hope this is the correct forum for this question.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Do any Sat recording receivers come in high definition
No. Dishnetwork has announced their model 921 which is a HD-PVR but their is not firm date. If it is like their dual tuner PVR (still delayed), it will be delayed many times.
FYI...For the dual tuners to function properly, you have to have two runs of coax from the multi-switch or dish to the receiver. Over at Tivo Community there is at least one question a day about adding a splitter instead of running coax. It won't work.
-Robert

Robert EW

Grip
Thanks for the reply,

It appears based on poplar opinion and features (assuming you don't want web stuff on your tv) Tivo is the way to go. However, Ultimate TV receivers seem to be cheaper with rebates. I think I will go the Tivo way.

Robert EW

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks