What's new

Sartre was right.. Hell IS other people.. (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Keep in mind that the comment from me you quoted was making a point that at least the person was trying to do the right thing.

Maybe with cellophane the best method is just to go for it, but for most people this is counterintuitive. This means that a person should also understand that when a person tries to unwrap slowly it is FOR YOUR BENEFIT, not theirs. It might not be working, but at least this isn't the asshole that doesn't even care that you exist.

Again, I don't mind the noise of others, if I can tell that they are aware too and are doing their best to be polite. You can't ask people to not exist, and in fact I don't know why you would want to.

I love seeing films not just with big crowds, but also with a group of friends too. The history of film has been one of a shared art/group experience. HT is changing that, and I'm not convinced its for the better.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky

Well, duh.. :)

Nobody was saying they are doing it to bug people, that's just what ends up happening..

A little forsight (unwrapping the candies, etc before the show and putting them in a container of some sort)would be more appreciated than the opening-it-slowly gesture..

That's all I'm sayin'..

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale

So, are they doing live theater there? I guess that means it hasn't been chopped into a multiplex.
Back in the mid-50s I used to catch a bus from near Lockport and ride into Joliet to watch movies at the Rialto.
Why my parents let a 9 or 10 year old kid do this I don't know. It was a different world then. :)

Brandon B

Second Unit

Got that. Was pointing out the irony that what they were doing was the least effective solution (and spewing some interesting trivia).

BB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks