What's new

Sanyo PLV-Z2 + HD DVD (1 Viewer)

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Been a while since I was last here on the HTforum. Still a great forum!!
Anyway, I was wondering whether my Sanyo PLV-Z2 projector mated to an HD-DVD player will provide me the visual performance worthy of purchasing an HD DVD player?
So anyone with experience with either a Z-1 or Z-2 mated to an HD DVD player... please provide info.

Thanks!!

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

If you can appreciate cable or Satellite or OTA HD programming quality ... then you will benefit from the HD DVD formats. If you don't ... then don't bother.

Regards

Bob_L

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Lindstrom
That's a 720p native projector so you should DEFINITELY see a difference. In fact, as mentioned above, if you're already enjoying HD broadcast/cable/satellite content, you should appreciate HD DVD even more because it looks even better.

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
I have that pj, and I'll echo what Michael said....if you watch some HD programming and can't tell a difference, then don't get the HD-DVD player. I haven't picked one up yet myself, but I damn well plan to :) HD stuff over the Z2 is amazing. I know the newer pj's are better, but honestly I've been nothing but thrilled with my z2 since picking it up last year.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I own the Sanyo Z1 and it is ok with the HD DVD player. My buddy owns the Z2 and a Panny 900. The 900 looks amazing over it, but we have never hooked the HD-A1 up to the Z2. The Z2 will only take the connection over component cables. It has the DVI input, but I hear it has a lot of handshaking issues if you use a DVI to HDMI cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks