What's new
World Wide Stereo

Samsung HLS-7178 Light Leakage Problem? (1 Viewer)

jrlaw

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
My Samsung HLS-7178 is a little over a month old and I am noticing a very weird problem. Every now and then I get two light bars of light, a couple of inches in size, which run down the screen vertically about 1/3 of the way from the left side of the screen. It almost looks like a reflection of light (but it is not as it appears with all lights off). The problem appears very sporadically and does not depend on what is on the screen (blacks, colors, HD, SD, etc.). The bars stay for a few seconds and then disappear. Sometimes they will not appear at all during a show and sometimes they will. It almost looks like there is a light leakage from the edge of the screen. It kind of looks like the vertical light you would see if say you shined a flashlight into your camcorder. Weird problem...anyone else have it or know of it?

Thanks!

728x90

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
weird
Sorry but I have not seen this
Log a service call so you have the problem documented.
best of luck!!
Gregg

jrlaw

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Samsung thinks the problem may be due to the satellite TV source. I recently acquired the highly stable Direct TV HR-20! I'll be testing the DVD source next.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks