What's new
World Wide Stereo

Samsung HD receiver Remote (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Does anyone know why my learning remote won't learn the codes from my Samsung HD receiver (SIR T-151)? Or happen to know how to make the Samsung remote work for Toshiba televisions? There were no codes for Toshiba in the manual.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Samsung remotes (and HD receivers, and HDTVs) are notorious for being incompatible with *multibrand* remotes.
I cannot get my Sammy HDTV to respond to a DISH remote, nor can I get the Sammy remote to control the DISH receiver. Blah.

Best regards,
~~Nathan

(Edit: corrected bad remote terms)

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Whatever you do, don't lose that remote. I inquired about replacing a remote for my SIR-T150 and Samsung told me that it was $78.50 plus S/H. The OTA HD box definitely makes watching feel "old school". I have to get up and change the channels manually and fix the antenna. I asked Samsung if they make another component remote (DVD, TV, etc.) that would control the box, because they are always available on Ebay, but I was again offered a replacement for $78.50.

Hank_P

Second Unit
I disagree. My MX-500 remote operates my Toshiba and Samsung T165 without any problems (along with my receiver, zektor switcher, DVD, and cablebox). I "taught" the MX-500 all the Samsung codes and it had no problems learning them.

I never did try to let the TV remote or Samsung learn from the other as I was in the process of purchasing the MX-500. You never did specify which "learning remote" you have.

Hank

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
Allow me to rephrase, as I made a mess of my terms and spewed out some bad information:

The Samsung remotes do not control non-Samsung devices very well, nor do many of the *multibrand* remotes packaged with hardware (like a multifunction Dish Network Remote, Sony dvd remote, Panny HDTV remote, etc.) handle Samsung products well.

I did not mean to lump learning/universal remotes with multibrand ones.

All of the Prontos I've ever owned have handled Sammy products *pretty* well, but the Samsung remotes have very limited multibrand libraries from what I've gathered and rarely operate any of my equipment reliably.

Sorry about that.
:)
~~Nathan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks