Samsung DLP info

Discussion in 'Displays' started by John_Yanotka, Jun 30, 2004.

1. John_Yanotka

John_Yanotka Agent

I was on Samsung's website. I was looking at their DLP Projection TV's and I am interested in the SP46L5HX model.Does anyone have any info on this model? Thanks for your help. John

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Welcome to HTF, John.

FYI, when asking about specific models and/or manufacturers of displays, please post here. The Basics area is for general discussion at the beginner level. Thanks, and best of luck.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

John,

I'm not sure where you're located. But, Samsung has released the 3rd generation of DLP projection TVs. I had a chance to see one of the 2nd generation TVs which was being driven by a very long (35+ foot) composite cable and the picture looked absolutely stunning.

In any regard, the new 46" DLP TV - Model #: HL-P4663W is one that is highly anticipated by those waiting for the release. Here's a link to the one I'm referring to: Link to new 46" DLP

Finally, I should point out that I'm no "pro" when it comes to DLPs. I'm just checking out some of the products that are available in anticipation of making a few months down the road. Also, I've noticed that CompUSA is selling a 42" Samsung Plasma LCD for quite a nice price - actually, they have a $1,300 "instant" rebate off the price and they are throwing in a "free" 5.1 surround system with a built-in DVD player which has a value of $250 or so.