What's new

Samson vs the Bigboys test in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Is anyone in the Toronto area interested in comparing the Samson S700 to some of the well regarded power amps from perhaps Rotel, Bryston, NAD, Anthem, etc etc?
I've yet to see any solid, objective testing to prove or disprove the claims that "pro" amps just can't cut it for high end audio.
I can provide the Samson;
We would need at least a couple different other amps to make the test worthwhile (and more interesting) as well as a good listening room and speakers to do the testing.
Sort of a local HTF meet with a purpose :)

Ned

Supporting Actor
Hmm, guess I'll bump this once.
If nobody is interested, then I guess we know why we never find out the truth about pro amps. :frowning:

Miles_W

Second Unit
Ned I had a post in the local area Forum meets since before christmas. It is difficult to get a group together for various reasons... Last February I had a group over at my place, and in the summer Norm Lalonde and Wayne Murphy held the last one up in Orangeville... Hosting seems to be a problem... I think people would be interested in is just tough to get TO people to Sh*t or get off the pot :D... Alot are in smaller places that don't have enough room...
I hope that you get some responses...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks