What's new

Saints and Soldiers (2003) Blu-ray - 6/12/12 (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
FYI, this just came out this week.
5070670_Saints_Soldiers_Bluray_detail.jpg

As far as I can tell it's not yet available on amazon.com. The distributor is a small one (Excel Entertainment), so it may be a while before it gets sold in other than LDS-type retail stores.
Deseret Book currently has it in stock for $19.98 (pre-tax/shipping costs).
http://deseretbook.com/Saints-Soldie...ment/i/5070670
I ordered a copy and should have it next week sometime. Will give my (admittedly less meticulous than others on this forum) thoughts after I get it.
For those interested, it's a pretty good WWII film despite it's small, independent budget. It has a spiritual/religious theme at times, but it keeps it fairly generic and non-denominational (but I guess the title reveals that enough, no?).
It's on Instant Viewing on Netflix as well, for those who are curious.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway /t/321570/saints-and-soldiers-2003-blu-ray-6-12-12#post_3938994
FYI, this just came out this week.
5070670_Saints_Soldiers_Bluray_detail.jpg

As far as I can tell it's not yet available on amazon.com. The distributor is a small one (Excel Entertainment), so it may be a while before it gets sold in other than LDS-type retail stores.
Deseret Book currently has it in stock for $19.98 (pre-tax/shipping costs).
http://deseretbook.com/Saints-Soldie...ment/i/5070670
I ordered a copy and should have it next week sometime. Will give my (admittedly less meticulous than others on this forum) thoughts after I get it.
For those interested, it's a pretty good WWII film despite it's small, independent budget. It has a spiritual/religious theme at times, but it keeps it fairly generic and non-denominational (but I guess the title reveals that enough, no?).
It's on Instant Viewing on Netflix as well, for those who are curious.
This IS available on Amazon.com both individually at $21.95 and as part of a 2-disc box set with "Days Of Glory" for $27.95...I just ordered the 2-disc set!!!

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by lukejosephchung /t/321570/saints-and-soldiers-2003-blu-ray-6-12-12#post_3938998
This IS available on Amazon.com both individually at $21.95 and as part of a 2-disc box set with "Days Of Glory" for $27.95...I just ordered the 2-disc set!!!

For the record, I believe those are UK releases. I've read that they are Region free, but I cannot confirm that personally.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Originally Posted by Brandon Conway /t/321570/saints-and-soldiers-2003-blu-ray-6-12-12#post_3939012

For the record, I believe those are UK releases. I've read that they are Region free, but I cannot confirm that personally.
I double-checked on Amazon.com...their specifications confirm that both releases are region-free.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Also, according to the review for the UK version on blu-ray.com the "Making of" doc is PAL, so that may be reason for some to get the US disc if their TVs can't receive a PAL signal. (EDIT: same bonus is indeed on the US BD according to the Deseret Book listing, plus a "Sneak Peak" for the upcoming sequel).
The review: http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Saints-and-Soldiers-Blu-ray/2530/#Review

I suspect the film's A/V will be identical between US & UK, so that review for the UK bodes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks