What's new

SACD with Pioneer 45tx & 45a (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I haven't tried to setup this yet. Is it difficult or do I just connect the two units? Do I need anything "extra" to adjust the channel levels? Is there an automatic calibration that the receiver does?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
The 45a does not have a firewire output, so for full benefit of MC SACD and DVD-A, you will need 6 analog cables. You should also connect either the coax or optical connection, and let the receiver decode DD and DTS.

I don't know your receiver, so I can't say what it may have in terms of auto call (is this a MACC receiver?).

Here is a FAQ that may address some of the questions relative to hi-rez players:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...22#post1800722

BGL

David Judah

Screenwriter
It's very easy. Just hookup the mic and put it about where your head will be at your main seating position, goto "surround setup" and then "auto setting" and follow the instructions. It will then set channel levels, delay, and EQ. You can tweak the settings(levels, delay, crossover, custom EQ)in the "expert" menu afterwards and change speaker sizes in the "normal" menu.

DJ

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I have already run the auto setup for the receiver. My question is more slanted toward SACD playback. I was thinking that all I needed to do is set everything the same-distances, channel levels, delays.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I guess the question is, does the Pio apply ANY processing to the 5.1 channel input?

Most receivers do not apply anything to the 5.1 ins other than volume control (although some do have a seperate set of channel trims).

Assuming that there is no processing applied, all BM, TA, and channel balance will need to be done within the 45A.

BGL

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks