What's new

Pioneer 45tx, need some quick help (1 Viewer)

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

Have a problem with my 45TX. I just recently got another SVS and QSC850 pro amp to make a dual SVS setup. But somehow, my BASS only works when I have the multichannel in selected. This is weird, I must have messed something up in the menu or something. Multi channel in now works with DVDs and SACD/DVDA, when before it only worked with SACD. I am using the Pioneer 45A DVD/SACD/DVDA. I get bass with SACD via multichannel in, but when I put in a DVD, I get no bass via the regular DLPII/DTS/ES or DD6.1 on Movie mode.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
David,

I have the exact same setup as far as the 45TX and DV45A are concerned, and the best that I can suggest is to double check all of your settings in the DV45A menus. From my own experiences and from others that I have read, the DV45A can be a little fussy at times about doing what it is supposed to. Normally this stems from some small setup issue in the menus. For example, I couldn't get the .1 part of the Metallica DVD-A to kick in for the life of me a few months ago. I went in and changed something to Variable output and set the sub to +3dB to see if that did something, and it worked. I don't know why, couldn't explain it, others couldn't explain it, it was just weird. Anyway, make sure that none of your signals are converted to PCM output, and double check all of your settigns int he DV45A menus.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Jon,

Thanks for the reply. I totally reset the 45A and individually went through each part. I now have the 45A set on fixed... Do you think this should be on variable? Something for me to checkout tomorrow. For some reason, I am thinking the receiver has a connection which is incorrect, but I've ran the setup a few times and all looks correct.

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
On the receiver side, make sure that your digital ins are assigned correctly, and that you have the right outs going to the right ins on between the 2 components. You've probably already done this, but make sure all the speakers are set to the right size. Make sure your crossover isn't set too low. Make sure the signal select on the 45TX is set to Auto, which should default it to digital then (this is for your DVD movies for the 5.1 sound of course; DVD-A and SACD where multi-ch is selected should kick it into Analog). Sometimes, it's easy to overlook a minor thing. Just trying to throw some other ideas out.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Got it fixed,

Just reset the receiver and re-ran all the setup stuff, all is well.

Just watched a few passages of a movie released today.

OMG, I thought the entire house was going to come crashing down. I also actually had to turn down the bass via the receiver and amp. I think this movie totally destroys the LFE in Daredevil... IMHO

Thanks for the assistance fellas!

:):):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks