What's new

SACD Single-Disc Player *without* DVD (1 Viewer)

Jagan Seshadri

Supporting Actor
I am wondering if anyone knows of any SACD single-disc players that don't have DVD video circuitry in them as well. Since I already own the Panasonic RP91 I feel that having DVD circuitry in an SACD player would be redundant.

I have heard of a Canadian model by Sony called the SCD-XE670 but I am unaware of any other models like it. Has anyone seen such players on the market?

-JNS

Nick V

Second Unit
Phil, do you know what the unit that you mentioned streets for?? I am in the exact same boat as Jagan with an RP-91, and am also looking for a single disc SACD player.

My guess is that I can't afford it, but I love Marantz, so I might be willing to stretch my budget a little.

Nick V

Second Unit
I just checked out Sony's website here in Canada, and they don't have the unit that you mentioned listed on the page. The single tray SACD players that they have listed are the SCD-XA777ES and the SCD-1. There are two SACD/DVD players that are reasonably priced, they are the DVP-NS755V @ $499.99 CAN, and the DVP-NS900V @ $899.99 CAN. I am skeptical of the quality of the 755V and again don't really want to waste money on the DVD part of the 900V.

Anyone else know if any such products exist at a reasonable price, i.e. below $750 US??

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
I believe the list on the Marantz is $1,049. I actually saw a used one on Audiogon for somewhere around $650 about a month ago which could not have been used that much. Sony will announce their new players I would guess at or after CEDIA. I bought a (barely) used Sony XA-777ES. I read the online manual for the Marantz and I did not see any provision for level controls for the channels. The Sony's do allow you to adjust the center and rear levels. I printed it and gave it to a friend. He did not see any provision either. I am waiting to see one in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks