What's new

SACD releases for week of September 10 (1 Viewer)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Sacd releases for the week of September 10

Leopold Stokowski - Rhapsodies (BMG/RCA HK - stereo - hybrid)*
Billie Holiday - Lady In Satin (Sony - M/C - reissue - single)*
Earth Wind and Fire - That's the way of the world (Sony - M/C - single)*
Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music (Sony - M/C - single)*
Thomas Schippers and the New York Philharmonic - Prokofiev and Mussorgsky (Sony - M/C - single)*

Notes:

The * indicates confirmed in hand. Hopefully, I should see them tomorrow and will update the list. Due to a personal decision, I will no longer be listing any DVD-A releases.
The Schippers disc got out very early. Most stores should have this on their shelves.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Emil, thanks for posting this information. I saw these titles listed on Sony's SACD web site the other day. The Earth, Wind & Fire and Joe Satriani SACDs interest me.
You said:
Due to a personal decision, I will no longer be listing any DVD-A releases.
Hmmm. O.K. :frowning:

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Lee,
I actually mentioned that at the end of the post. My Local Fry's has had this disc since Thursday. Since it was set to be released on 9/10, I left it on the list. ;)
Keith,
Let's just say it is difficult being someone who has both formats. Frankly, I prefer SACD and hope it emerges as the standard. As such, I spend more time on SACD related things and do not have the time necessary to keep accurate release lists for DVD-A.
I would suggest looking at DVD Empire's future releases section to get coming titles. They seem the most updated DVD-A store out there. Sorry.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Emil, no problem. I was just joking a bit. I found your comment a bit odd. In any event, I have a few ways of keeping up with DVD-Audio. No problem here. :)

Emil Stoica

Second Unit
Updated:

All titles confirmed as available except the Gloria Estefan - Greatest Hits (Sony - M/C - reissue - single) which has been delayed to 10/18/02.

Also, there is a good chance the Phil Lesh - There and back again (Sony - M/C - single) will be available on Friday.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Hopefully Best Buy or Tower will have the new Satriani today or tomorrow. I'd love to hear it before I see him in concert on Thursday.
The Stakowski looks nice but since it's an import, it's way expensive. :frowning:
The Schippers discs is most intriguing. I wonder which Prokofiev piece their doing? It's good to finally get some of his work on SACD, even if it is only half a disc. I hope the Mussourgsky selection isn't something common like Pictures at an Exhibition (I already own two versions of it on SACD), but anything would be fine, really.
I'm glad I haven't bought the Billie Holidy yet since they're re-releasing it as MC.
NP: Miles Davis, New Miles Davis Quintet, DCC gold CD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks