SACD releases for week of September 10

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Emil Stoica, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Sacd releases for the week of September 10

Leopold Stokowski - Rhapsodies (BMG/RCA HK - stereo - hybrid)*
    Billie Holiday - Lady In Satin (Sony - M/C - reissue - single)*
    Earth Wind and Fire - That's the way of the world (Sony - M/C - single)*
    Joe Satriani - Strange Beautiful Music (Sony - M/C - single)*
    Thomas Schippers and the New York Philharmonic - Prokofiev and Mussorgsky (Sony - M/C - single)*

Notes:

The * indicates confirmed in hand. Hopefully, I should see them tomorrow and will update the list. Due to a personal decision, I will no longer be listing any DVD-A releases.
    The Schippers disc got out very early. Most stores should have this on their shelves.

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Emil, thanks for posting this information. I saw these titles listed on Sony's SACD web site the other day. The Earth, Wind & Fire and Joe Satriani SACDs interest me.
    You said:

3. Lee Scoggins

Lee Scoggins Producer

Lee

4. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Lee,
    I actually mentioned that at the end of the post. My Local Fry's has had this disc since Thursday. Since it was set to be released on 9/10, I left it on the list. [​IMG]
    Keith,
    Let's just say it is difficult being someone who has both formats. Frankly, I prefer SACD and hope it emerges as the standard. As such, I spend more time on SACD related things and do not have the time necessary to keep accurate release lists for DVD-A.
    I would suggest looking at DVD Empire's future releases section to get coming titles. They seem the most updated DVD-A store out there. Sorry.

5. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Emil, no problem. I was just joking a bit. I found your comment a bit odd. In any event, I have a few ways of keeping up with DVD-Audio. No problem here. [​IMG]

6. Emil Stoica

Emil Stoica Second Unit

Updated:

All titles confirmed as available except the Gloria Estefan - Greatest Hits (Sony - M/C - reissue - single) which has been delayed to 10/18/02.

Also, there is a good chance the Phil Lesh - There and back again (Sony - M/C - single) will be available on Friday.

7. Michael_T

Michael_T Second Unit

8. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Hopefully Best Buy or Tower will have the new Satriani today or tomorrow. I'd love to hear it before I see him in concert on Thursday.
    The Stakowski looks nice but since it's an import, it's way expensive. [​IMG]
    The Schippers discs is most intriguing. I wonder which Prokofiev piece their doing? It's good to finally get some of his work on SACD, even if it is only half a disc. I hope the Mussourgsky selection isn't something common like Pictures at an Exhibition (I already own two versions of it on SACD), but anything would be fine, really.
    I'm glad I haven't bought the Billie Holidy yet since they're re-releasing it as MC.
    NP: Miles Davis, New Miles Davis Quintet, DCC gold CD