What's new

S-Video input problem? (2 Viewers)

Lane_B

Auditioning
Hey, thanks for any help. My "problem". I have a an old 35" Mitsubishi TV (CS355503) w/o component inputs. The picture is fine with input from the coax or composite but if I use S-Video the actual "dots" on the screen seem so defined that they give it kind of a blocky pixelated look that is quite ugly. This happens with any source that has S-Video out. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Hello Lane,

Welcome to the forum!

That sounds like a strange phenomenon indeed. If you checked the cable already, it may also be your TV of course. The S-Video circuit could be defective, but perhaps it's less complicated: the setting of your TV set.

Did you check that already? It could be the "sharpness" setting of your TV. Most TV's, especially older ones and when "calibrated" for home use have their settings wrong for DVD use (to much Brightness and too Sharp - whatever this latter one is called).

Try changing the settings through your remote.

Cees

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Almost all of the S-video circuits are used by the composite inputs also. Almost all of the composite and S_video circuits are used by the video signals coming from the antenna coax input and NTSC tuner.

You may have interference problems. Try removing all other cables from the back of the TV and then try your S-video input.

Video hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks