What's new

Rygar Impressions (1 Viewer)

DeanWalsh

Second Unit
Just got the JAP release of Rygar and I can say initially I'm pretty impressed. Those dissapointed with Devil May Cry 2 may want to try this game out, it plays similar to Devil May Cry and the graphics... wow, they actually rival DMC for it's huge, lushly ornate enviroments and the bosses are freakin amazing! My only complaint, like DMC there is no anti-aliasing and it's jaggy-laden. Can't have it all I guess!
The gameplay includes the ability to grab enemies with your shield and swing them around, hitting other enemies along the way. New moves can be found in statues dotted throughout the game too. It's seems really fun from what I've played so far.

edit: oops just did a search and didnt realise most of you guys have probably played and finished it already! My bad!

Allen_Appel

Second Unit
I've just started this game, and the camera/controls are driving me batty. I hate how the camera is sometimes facing Rygar a la Resident Evil, other times it's behind him, sometimes it's stuck in a corner, it travels around according to its own logic and it's never controllable. I also wish there was a lock-on targeting system as well. The camera problem makes it hard for me to face an enemy.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I just started this game, actually in between this and Vice City.

But overall the game is fun.
The bosses are amazing and the music is fantastic.

plus this is heavy hitting sub action in the games.
you can almost feel the thumping and hitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks