What's new

rx-v2200 opinions (1 Viewer)

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
hey guys thank for all the help in helping me decide which receiver to go with. i decided to get the yamaha rx-v2200. it just sounded the best to me. (although for some reason the rx-v1200 almost sounded a touch better, still not sure why. i set them up exactly the same) i like the power of the 2200 and the remote can do macros so that is a bonus. anyway, the last thing that i want are your opinions on this unit. is there anything i should know before getting it? this will be my last upgrade for awhile so do you think it is good now and down the road? i woulld love the 3200 but it is just out of my price range. i guess i am just looking for that last little bit of reassurance before i take the dive:) thanks again for your help and sorry to be such a pain:D

David John

Stunt Coordinator
I love my 1200, so I'm sure you'll love the 2200.

They are great receivers. I am not the biggest fan of the

remote for the 1200, so a better one with macros would be

a great improvement.

Phil

Stunt Coordinator
Evan,

I've had my 2200 for about 6 months now...I upgraded from my 1000 to the 2200 and I am very pleased....no regrets here.

Phil

ChrisAG

Supporting Actor
Phil,

Did you notice a difference in sound characteristics between the 1000 and 2200?

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
thanks for the replies so far everyone!! keep em' comin':) i also wonder what you all think of it for music. this is a big deal for us. (we are both musicians) thanks again!!

Jim Zanbehr

Agent
I purchased the RX-V2200 in January and have had no regrets. The music thru my Paradigm mini-monitor speakers sounds great to me, but I'm not a true stereophile. My old receiver had been a 30 year old Pioneer that finally gave up the ghost.

The 2200's remote with macros is not as helpful as I hoped in replacing all my other remotes. I still find myself reaching for the DVD or TV remote for some function I can't get to work on the main remote. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it yet. I still haven't been able to get it to work with my older Yamaha cassette deck.

Still I'm a happy camper. Now I just need to get new rear speakers and a subwoofer.

Marty Lockstead

Second Unit
Evan-I love my 3200 and I'm sure you'll love the 2200. I'm not a stereophile with regards to music, but the movies will sound great. Excellant choice! Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks