rx-v2200 opinions

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Evan M., Mar 11, 2002.

1. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

hey guys thank for all the help in helping me decide which receiver to go with. i decided to get the yamaha rx-v2200. it just sounded the best to me. (although for some reason the rx-v1200 almost sounded a touch better, still not sure why. i set them up exactly the same) i like the power of the 2200 and the remote can do macros so that is a bonus. anyway, the last thing that i want are your opinions on this unit. is there anything i should know before getting it? this will be my last upgrade for awhile so do you think it is good now and down the road? i woulld love the 3200 but it is just out of my price range. i guess i am just looking for that last little bit of reassurance before i take the dive[​IMG] thanks again for your help and sorry to be such a pain[​IMG]

2. DougO

DougO Stunt Coordinator

You'll enjoy the 2200 tremendously!

3. David John

David John Stunt Coordinator

I love my 1200, so I'm sure you'll love the 2200.

They are great receivers. I am not the biggest fan of the

remote for the 1200, so a better one with macros would be

a great improvement.

4. Phil

Phil Stunt Coordinator

Evan,

I've had my 2200 for about 6 months now...I upgraded from my 1000 to the 2200 and I am very pleased....no regrets here.

Phil

5. ChrisAG

ChrisAG Supporting Actor

Phil,

Did you notice a difference in sound characteristics between the 1000 and 2200?

6. Evan M.

Evan M. Supporting Actor

thanks for the replies so far everyone!! keep em' comin'[​IMG] i also wonder what you all think of it for music. this is a big deal for us. (we are both musicians) thanks again!!

7. Jim Zanbehr

Jim Zanbehr Agent

I purchased the RX-V2200 in January and have had no regrets. The music thru my Paradigm mini-monitor speakers sounds great to me, but I'm not a true stereophile. My old receiver had been a 30 year old Pioneer that finally gave up the ghost.

The 2200's remote with macros is not as helpful as I hoped in replacing all my other remotes. I still find myself reaching for the DVD or TV remote for some function I can't get to work on the main remote. Maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it yet. I still haven't been able to get it to work with my older Yamaha cassette deck.

Still I'm a happy camper. Now I just need to get new rear speakers and a subwoofer.

8. Marty Lockstead

Marty Lockstead Second Unit

Evan-I love my 3200 and I'm sure you'll love the 2200. I'm not a stereophile with regards to music, but the movies will sound great. Excellant choice! Enjoy!