What's new

Yamaha RX-V2200 Please Quick Opinions! (1 Viewer)

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
Taking into consideration my budget and all of the great information I have been told in this forum which I am very gracious for, right now I think I have found a great deal on a awsome reciever and but before I do something stupid I was hoping someone in here could take a minute and just give me a thumbs or thumbs down. Right now I can get a brand new Yamaha RX-V2200 for a total of $510. They will be used to power def tech procinema 80s in a medium sized room. I'm not sure how long this offer is good for so any quick opinions would be greatly appreciated.

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
If its from an authorized dealer then $510 is a good price, the 2200 will power most any speakers reasonably loud.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
I have the 2200 and love it. I compared it several different brands (denon, h/k, sony, pioneer) and preferred the Yammie. Of course it is all personel preference. You may be able to find a 2300 though for the same a bit more on-line however. The 2200 has since been replaced by the 2300 and the current 2400. If it is brand new in box AND from an authorized local Yammie dealer then it is a very good deal. If it is on-line from an unauthorized dealer and you don't mind that than you may be able to find a more current one. A brand new 2200 for 520$ will beat the pants off any current 500$ receiver though. Again, if it is from a local authorized dealer I would get it. If not then I would keep looking. It will power pretty much everything you will need it to. It is rated at 100wx6. I saw an independent test that rated it 110wx2 and 80wx6. Very respectable. The newer 2400 did not rate that well.

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
It is online, brand new in box, not from an authorized dealer, but it does come with a warranty for three years that was purchased sepratly through another company and is transferrable. Thanks for all your advice I decided to get it!

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
I would look for 2300, because I found it for almost the same price at tweeter when they were clearing them out couple of months ago. I bought one myself and have been very satisfied.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks