What's new

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sorry, but I don't care about how you have been doing something for 3 decades. All it tells me is that for three decades Hollywood has been practicing unsafe safety protocols and have gotten away with doing nothing to fix them because, well, deadly accidents only happen rarely. Should the same standard should apply to other industrial workplaces then? Workers are only killed rarely in accidents, so why change work procedures when it happens.

People can try to justify Baldwin's own lapses all they want, but it isn't washing with me. I couldn't careless about his prominence in society compared to some behind the scenes set peon. He still has a responsibility to prevent workplace accidents just like anyone else in the workplace.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Sorry, but I don't care about how you have been doing something for 3 decades. All it tells me is that for three decades Hollywood has been practicing unsafe safety protocols and have gotten away with doing nothing to fix them because, well, deadly accidents only happen rarely. Should the same standard should apply to other industrial workplaces then? Workers are only killed rarely in accidents, so why change work procedures when it happens.

People can try to justify Baldwin's own lapses all they want, but it isn't washing with me. I couldn't careless about his prominence in society compared to some behind the scenes set peon. He still has a responsibility to prevent workplace accidents just like anyone else in the workplace.
EVERY industry has protocols. That's why there is such a thing as expert testimony.
You may believe what you want to believe, but, there is a reason folks who actually know the procedures (including, as i noted and stress now - LEGAL experts with no connection to "Hollywood" - feel the same way)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
That segment is good and George Miller's remake on Nightmare On 20,000 Feet is arguably even better than the TV version.

It was certainly good, but if nothing else, its existence was thoroughly justified by a reference to both versions in an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Dick (John Lithgow) was in communication with his boss, The Big Giant Head (William Shatner). At some point, TBGH mentions being on a flight in which he thought they saw something on the wing. Dick gasps, and says, "That happened to me, too!"

We now bring you back to the "Rust" thread, still in progress...

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Last edited:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
"Alec Baldwin could be charged again in the fatal shooting of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins after a bombshell new gun analysis concluded that the trigger was pulled — despite the actor’s repeated denials."

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
"Alec Baldwin could be charged again in the fatal shooting of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins after a bombshell new gun analysis concluded that the trigger was pulled — despite the actor’s repeated denials."

It's all noise. It's on the Armorer.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I was obviously commenting on the nypost article as I liked your post indicating that I agree it's on the armorer.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

How could the gun fire by itself? Of course he pulled the trigger, but the armorer will get the heat, for a couple of reasons.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't really want to comment on legal stuff. That is for the courts to sort out.

But how is this movie ever going to be released? Rust has attained more notoriety than any other small indie film in recent memory, but absolutely none of that Is because of anything in the actual movie. It is all because of how Hutchins died.

I'm not sure how this movie can be marketed and released as a piece of filmmaking beyond being seen as the movie on which this terrible tragedy occurred. I honestly don't know that I would be able to surrender myself to the story of the film and not think about the circumstances of Hutchins' death the whole time.

I want to be clear that I am not saying in any way whatsoever that the movie is worth more than her life was, because it is absolutely not. But because the producers chose to complete the movie, they are eventually going to have to figure out how to release it.

Last edited:

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
Yep, it will hard to dis-associate from the tragedy.

While not the same situation, it's like the question that's often asked when a film is made about a relatively recent tragedy/disaster-type event: "Too soon?"

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
sag.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reel-to-reel
Recent bookmarks