What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like the original prosecutor filed charges to make headlines before the case was ready, and now the special prosecutors are going to make sure they have a case they can bring before a jury before seeking any indictments.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
According to Deadline charges have been dropped for the armorer as well.

If you read the most recent update, the Armorer's charges have NOT been dropped - which is as it should be:
"Despite reports earlier in the day that former Rust armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed would also see her charges dropped, her status has not changed. “Charges against Hannah Gutierrez-Reed remain unchanged,” the prosecutors said tonight."

https://deadline.com/2023/04/alec-baldwin-charges-dropped-rust-shooting-halyna-hutchins-1235329568/

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Mostly, I am amazed they got this back into production. I figured they had too many issues surrounding it to do that and they had no money I thought.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
"The idea that the person holding the gun and causing it to discharge is not responsible is absurd to me," Matt Hutchins told TODAY co-anchor Hoda Kotb during an interview.

I don't know how they can work together.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
"The idea that the person holding the gun and causing it to discharge is not responsible is absurd to me," Matt Hutchins told TODAY co-anchor Hoda Kotb during an interview.

I don't know how they can work together.
I guess I'm surprised he doesn't understand such a fundamental movie making principle. If every actor was legally responsible, no action movie would ever be made. Most movies would never be made. That's why there are people on set who are specifically responsible for various difficult things, which require specific knowledge. Various wranglers and such.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It really is baffling why film guns weren’t separated from the guns that were used for recreation. Someone should go to prison for criminal negligent homicide.
You sometimes need to use real guns in films for closeups.

Also there should be no "gun recreation" on a movie set!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It probably warrants mentioning that Baldwin could be culpable on a civil level, though not as the actor who was holding the gun, but as an executive producer.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Mostly, I am amazed they got this back into production. I figured they had too many issues surrounding it to do that and they had no money I thought.

Yeah, I'm shocked they'd want to continue this cursed production.

Seems like it'd be toxic.

Maybe they're counting on its infamy to sell tickets.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I want to see this, obviously due to the genre. Also, the picture will now stand as a tribute to Halyna and I would assume, if it makes any money, some of that goes to her family.

I do find it somewhat difficult to watch a film that I know someone was killed making. It helps if I really like the picture to go back to it. With the Twilight Zone movie, I not really revisited that because I do think about the deaths on the film when I watch it. I also was just not that crazy about the Twilight Zone movie. My favorite part of it is the opening with Brooks and Aykroyd. So, I've watched that opening on several occasions and then skipped the rest of the film.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they're counting on its infamy to sell tickets.
That would be my take on it too which is really sick. However, since it's an independent, it's a western and a person died working on it, I doubt it will get a 'real' theatrical release.

My favorite part of it is the opening with Brooks and Aykroyd. So, I've watched that opening on several occasions and then skipped the rest of the film.
That segment is good and George Miller's remake on Nightmare On 20,000 Feet is arguably even better than the TV version.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Money and celebrity talk. They need their actor back to finish their movie. So much for the theory that justice is blind. It's blind alright, bit only for those with money and fame.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Money and celebrity talk. They need their actor back to finish their movie. So much for the theory that justice is blind. It's blind alright, bit only for those with money and fame.
Simply not fair - nor true. As an armorer myself, I have found almost universal support for Baldwin amongst professionals who work within the industry. It's not on the actor it's on the armorer, the assistant director and others on the crew to make sure these accidents don't happen.
The actor involved in the Brandon Lee/THE CROW incident wasn't a big "money" actor nor a "celebrity" and he wasn't charged either. Again, it was on the armorer et al.
This case has been falling apart for months with mistake after mistake after mistake. It's gotten so bad, that even the armorer may not even be fully held to account.
Look at the facts, and not a blind hatred of Baldwin and "Hollywood"

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Simply not fair - nor true. As an armorer myself, I have found almost universal support for Baldwin amongst professionals who work within the industry. It's not on the actor it's on the armorer, the assistant director and others on the crew to make sure these accidents don't happen.
The actor involved in the Brandon Lee/THE CROW incident wasn't a big "money" actor nor a "celebrity" and he wasn't charged either. Again, it was on the armorer et al.
This case has been falling apart for months with mistake after mistake after mistake. It's gotten so bad, that even the armorer may not even be fully held to account.
Look at the facts, and not a blind hatred of Baldwin and "Hollywood"
It has nothing to do.with hatred of Hollywood and Baldwin. As far as I'm concerned it's on everyone to prevent workplace accidents. I couldn't care less if it is on a Hollywood set or an industrial plant. You don't rely on some else for ensuring job safety. You rely on yourself first and everyone else second Baldwin relying on an AD or an amourer for the safety of his firearm is exactly the same as relying on someone else to lock out a machine that you are about to work on.

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
It has nothing to do.with hatred of Hollywood and Baldwin. As far as I'm concerned it's on everyone to prevent workplace accidents. I couldn't care less if it is on a Hollywood set or an industrial plant. You don't rely on some else for ensuring job safety. You rely on yourself first and everyone else second Baldwin relying on an AD or an amourer for the safety of his firearm is exactly the same as relying on someone else to lock out a machine that you are about to work on.
I've been doing this for over three decades. That simply isn't set protocol. There's a reason virtually everybody in the know (including the legal profession, not just "Hollywood" types) believes it was always a wrongful indictment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks