What's new

Rushmore Criterion: Price Reduction or Out of Print? (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I've been hearing talk for a little while that one or the other was happening. Does anybody know if either is true? DVDPlanet currently lists it for $29.99, but also as out of stock.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I'm sorry to take this out on you, but
WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE THINKS EVERY CRITERION DISC IS OOP?
Ahem
It might be hitting a price reduction, but it's also getting bundled with a Disney 2-pack this Christmas. The only Criterion major-studio disc currently threatened with possible OOP is Armageddon, because I hear Disney wants to do a Vista Series. I'd say Rushmore AND BRAZIL are pretty safe to remain in the Collection for some time to come
Jeff Kleist

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Brazil was a Universal title, as is spelled out pretty explicitly in the supplements. Universal continues to license titles to Criterion with no signs of trailing off like the Buena Vista relationship.
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Ben Silva

Stunt Coordinator
I lucked out. I got my copy of Rushmore Critierion Collection used for $10. Looks like it never been played and works like a charm! Rushmore is a brilliant film full of intelligence and wit, and personally I can not wait for The Royal Tennenbaums.
------------------
Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night. - All About Eve
He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people? - Touch of Evil
My DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks