Rushmore Criterion: Price Reduction or Out of Print?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Illingworth II, Sep 6, 2001.

1. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

I've been hearing talk for a little while that one or the other was happening. Does anybody know if either is true? DVDPlanet currently lists it for $29.99, but also as out of stock.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I'm sorry to take this out on you, but
    WHY IS IT THAT EVERYONE THINKS EVERY CRITERION DISC IS OOP?
    Ahem
    It might be hitting a price reduction, but it's also getting bundled with a Disney 2-pack this Christmas. The only Criterion major-studio disc currently threatened with possible OOP is Armageddon, because I hear Disney wants to do a Vista Series. I'd say Rushmore AND BRAZIL are pretty safe to remain in the Collection for some time to come
    Jeff Kleist

3. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Producer
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    Brazil was a Universal title, as is spelled out pretty explicitly in the supplements. Universal continues to license titles to Criterion with no signs of trailing off like the Buena Vista relationship.
    Regards,
    ------------------
    Ken McAlinden
    Livonia, MI USA

4. Ben Silva

Ben Silva Stunt Coordinator

I lucked out. I got my copy of Rushmore Critierion Collection used for $10. Looks like it never been played and works like a charm! Rushmore is a brilliant film full of intelligence and wit, and personally I can not wait for The Royal Tennenbaums.
    ------------------
    Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night. - All About Eve
    He was some kind of a man. What does it matter what you say about people? - Touch of Evil
    My DVD Collection