What's new

Rush to Tour in '04 (1 Viewer)

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
They can put Tom Sawyer, Limelight and Closer to The Heart on the shelf for a while as well.

The did put Closer to the Heart on the shelf for the Vapor Trails tour, but pulled it back out because it's their biggest hit in South America.

I thought the setlist for the Vapor Trails tour was very good. I would have taken out Roll the Bones and I wouldn't have opened with Tom Sawyer.

Anyone know why they didn't do the three stooges theme at the opening of the Rio show?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know why they didn't do the three stooges theme at the opening of the Rio show?
Do the Brazilian's know who the Three Stooges are? I have friends in Brazil...I guess I could e-mail and ask, but my best guess is that it would not survive the translation.

As an aside, one thing that caught my eye on the Brazil DVD is that the audience seems to be predominately young people.

When I saw the VP tour, there were some teens/20 somethings, but like most bands that have been around for a bit, the audience was for the most part 30/40ish folks, like me (43).

You know...... old geezers reliving their youth:D

BGL

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, but they played TS in N. America also. They figured they could 1) open with a huge band, and 2) get it out of the way.

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
In an ideal world I'd like to see an acoustic segment of the show (or an entire MTV unplugged...yeah, right), where the boys do lesser-known, quieter numbers like Entre Nous, Rivendell, Nobody's Hero, Different Strings, Twilight Zone and the like, or maybe rework some of the more bombastic stuff. Granted, Neil wouldn't have a lot to do (bongos!?), but it'd be a great change of pace for the guys and their fans. It'd also showcase Geddy's underrated voice and Alex's exceptional acoustic guitar abilities.

Steve Elias

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen every tour since Moving Pictures was released (I say that because this is one of the few places where that statement has cultural collateral)and I would like nothing more than to hear Circumstances played live. Well, maybe I'd also like to hear Passage to Bangkok live again...and Beneath, Between, Behind again...and they have to open the anniversary tour with their greatest concert opener - The Spirit of Radio, and yes, Time Stand Still would be a great closing number, especially with an appearance by Aimee Mann, and...

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
yeah, Geddy's mic kept cutting out during "Resist" during the Hartford show during the TFE tour. He kept giving the roady the evil eye too, it was pretty funny.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
This is great news! Because of some upheavals in my life, I had to forgo seeing them for the VT tour. I've only seen them once, for the Power Windows tour, and have been dying to go again.

Wish list of songs I'd like to see live, in no particular order:

Analog Kid
Mystic Rhythms
Afterimage
Emotion Detector
Presto
Bravado
Half the World
Available Light
War Paint
The Enemy Within
Second Nature
Sweet Miracle
Countdown
The Body Electric

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Man does my wife owe me big. I go to all of her "Disney on Ice" and "Country Music" concerts. So I think it's only fair she should go with me to a Rush concert. I sure hope they tour in Denver. *fingers crossed*

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks