What's new

Rush "Chronicles" DVD this week? (1 Viewer)

David Benkert

Stunt Coordinator
(tried search, but it was down)
OK, am I missing something? I heard from one of the Rush related e-mails I get that Chronicles was being released on DVD this week, but nobody has it for sale except for Amazon. The website I checked (sorry, can't remember which one) said it was confirmed by Anthem.
Has anyone else heard this or have any information on it?
Thanks,
David

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
David,
I'm curious, where did you hear this from? I've heard no such news, and I try to keep up with Rush news as much as I can.
Jason
------------------
My DVD Collection

I ordered mine from CDNow and have already received a shipping notice. I usually order my DVD's from Digital Eyes, but they(and most other major e-tail sites) did not list this title.

Brett_B

Supporting Actor
David,
Chronicles is being released on 9/25. The "bonus" track is the video for "Afterimage". I just checked BestBuy.com and it is showing as being released on 9/25 as well.
Here is an article about it,
Hello to all,
It has been a while since I communicated with you all via this site so I thought it was time to drop in and deliver an update of sorts.
First, let me send out my most heartfelt sympathies to any of those persons that may have been involved with or had friends or family involved in any way with the attacks of Sept. 11. in Manhattan, Washington and Pennsylvania. We in Canada, along with the rest of the world, watched in horror as these gut-wrenching events unfolded before our very eyes, and we share the same revulsion that was felt by all civilized human beings as these unspeakable acts were perpetrated on so many innocent men, women and children.
These crimes were committed in the U.S.A. and the U.S.A. has paid an inconceivably mighty price, but the entire free world feels and shares in this horrendous violation. I sincerely hope that we, as an international partnership, can proceed in a way that finds justice and strengthens, our security and peace of mind without stooping to the level of racism and hate-mongering that seems to have inspired this senseless violence. Some particle of good must come of all of this, and perhaps now we must force ourselves to take a long, deep look into the kind of culture that gave birth to these actions and to somehow try to discover the reasons that drive people to such extreme hatred. We need these answers in order to better prepare ourselves for the future and to help us build bridges of understanding that might lead the world down a different path.
Finally, I don't think enough good things can be said about the many incredibly courageous public servants that have risked, and in some cases, given their lives in the hope of saving as many people as possible. They will be forever remembered as true heroes. I believe that as difficult as it will be, the American public must now use this example of bravery as inspiration, and in some way find the determination and fortitude necessary to overcome their grief, and to rise up from this terrible moment.
In light of this tragedy, any talk relating to the workings of a rock band seem incredibly trivial. None the less I know that those of you that have been very supportive of MFH, are intensely interested in the current state affairs of RUSH and so perhaps this will seem, in some small way, like a welcome diversion. So here goes....
At present Alex, Neil and I, are just about approaching the end of our rather long and intensive writing sessions and have moved into the realm of album production. We've taken a different approach this time round and have enlisted the aid of long time friend and engineer Paul Northfield to assist us with recording and production responsibilities and to help move us along!
We have been working in an environment that allows us to keep some of the more spontaneous moments that occur during writing and blend them with a more rehearsed and typical style of production. It has been a little experimental, and highly creative but it took a while for us to get to the point where we felt what we were producing was fresh enough and of the quality that we demand of ourselves. After all, it has been about 5 plus years since our last writing session together and much has happened during that time both personally and professionally. So, in a way, we have had to get to know each other again and to re-learn how best to communicate musically with each other.
Now I believe we are at the point where we are starting to feel pretty darn good about how we have spent the last 8 months, and what we have created. So... as we embark on this next phase of recording, I am hopeful that things will continue to go well and before too long we will have a finished collection of songs to release.
I would also like to thank the many people that took the time to send me their good thoughts via this website on my birthday last July. Even though I look forward less and less to that day each year (the number is just getting too damn big!) I do appreciate the sentiment.
And so in the words of Slim Pickens in Blazing Saddles... I'd say you've had about enough! (I know, I know!! I've used that quote before but it's still pretty good!)
Best Wishes and thanks for your continued interest and appreciation of MFH!
Geddy

David Benkert

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the information guys! I am glad it was found elsewhere.
Brett, I had read that information - thanks. The guys must really like Blazing Saddles - first they did Anagram (for Mongo) and now Geddy is quoting it. Pretty funny I think.
Thanks again for the info. I am looking VERY forward to this. Hoepfully, it is the start of more releases!
David

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
David:
Could you explain the Anagram (for Mongo) and Blazing Saddles connection?
I'm a Rush fan, but apparently not a very smart one!
Thanks.
------------------
"The more we think we know about, the greater the unknown."
--Rush, "Mystic Rhythms"

David Benkert

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,
I am not a very smart Rush fan either - or a Blazing Saddles fan for that matter. I thought I read that there is a line in Blazing Saddles that says "Candygram, for Mongo" and Rush just had a play on words with Anagram (for Mongo).
Does that help?
BTW, your sig is one of my favorite Rush lyric lines.
[Edited last by David Benkert on September 24, 2001 at 03:20 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks