What's new

running speaker wire (1 Viewer)

DerekCV

Stunt Coordinator
I can't run my speaker wires inside my walls very easy so I have decided to just run them up the wall and into my drop ceiling along with my cables for my projector. Since I won't have the concealment of the walls, what are some other options to cover or hide the wire? I was considering running them up one of the corners, but that will add about 10 extra feet to my projector cables. Please share your ideas with me. Thanks.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i think home depot sells these little plastic "channels" that you can run wire inside of. then you mount these channels to the wall -- which help fix and hide the wiring inside. i don't know if the channels are big enough to hide coax-sized wiring though ...

chuckg

Supporting Actor
Think about what the final room will be like - you said projector, so I assume there is a screen. Can you hide wires behind curtains, or a slender pair of columns flanking the screen?

Can you box in the front corners, and hide wiring inside the boxes? An extra ten feet won't hurt much. Probably won't make a noticeable difference even to an audiophile.

What about some sort of decorative panels? You only need a fraction of an inch of space to tuck wiring behind. A simple wood frame with cloth covering it, and a decent movie poster for looks, can hide everything.

The plastic channel, plugmold, raceway, or whatever will make wiring look neater, but you can't hide that "stuck on the wall" look. Do you have any friends of friends who have done electrical work? Some folks can work miracles with fish tape, and get those wires inside "impossible" walls.

Cruise some of the photo galleries for ideas on decorating the space, and maybe something will jump out at you that will look great and solve the wire issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks