Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Apple' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 19, 2012.
According to this site - Please consider accordingly
I'll follow my current policy: wait until I know if it's compatible with my wife's version of Adobe CS whatever. If so, I'll upgrade both machines pretty soon. Otherwise, neither one.
Particularly with home sharing, price is negligible. It's the risk to stability and time to do it I have to consider.
i got burned upgrading to Lion on release date. I violated my "wait until X.X.2 before upgrading" rule. I won't be making the same mistake.
Is there a compatibility listing? We're a version or two behind the latest Adobe CS. I'll have to make sure there aren't compatibility problems before upgrading.
Pure crazy talk. =)
(Says the sucker now on the Adobe subscription line)
I can vouch for CS6.
Hopefully someone can answer your question on
compatibility -- but for the most part, the Adobe
Creative Suites have not had problems with new
OSX upgrades -- at least not that I have seen over
We're on CS5.
Then you qualify for the $30 month cloud pricing. Just do it, even if it's just for the first year and then the second year pricing is no good.
I'll tell my wife to look into it. I'm really trying to *not* add monthly costs right now...so I might not mention it until we close on the house
One thing about the Creative Cloud that may, or may not, be useful is that you get access to both the Windows and OS X versions. Also, as before, you can install the software on two computers although you are only suppose to be using one of them at a time.
I don't use iWork much, but I'd appreciate a seamless desktop-to-iOS system. It's terrible right now. Wholly un-Apple.
Golden Master available to download NOW
I use the Messenger App since a while now.
Maybe it works more in Muntain Lion?
I really like the possibility to write a iMessage, for free, to my friends directly to their mobile
from my mac.
It's quite a better experience to type a long Text with the keyboard than with a touchscreen.
I hope ML will run on my mashine
Updated over night last night, seems stable so far. Only issue I had was that I had not updated Parallels in a while, Mountain Lion knew it was not compatible and sequestered it away so that I could not run it.
Which meant that I couldn't upgrade from the running app. Oops. No big deal, re-downloaded from the trial link and put in my key and back and running right away.
But for those of you yet to get the opportunity to download make sure you update your MAS downloads AND those that use their own system too, first, before you run your pre-upgrade backup.
You ARE backing up before you upgrade, right?
I use the Time-Mashine to back up my programs and Data.
I meant that as a general comment, not directly to you Mark =)
To be clear: Anyone considering upgrading to ML is craaaaazy if they don't do a full backup (using Time Machine, Super Duper or CarbonCopyCloner) beforehand.
Call me craaaazy.
I have never had to do a backup prior to an OS upgrade.
The new OS perfectly preserves everything on the old.
Of course, if you think you won't like the new OS, then
absolutely, back it up.
Don't get me wrong -- I agree a backup is always the
perfect safeguard to something going wrong you can't
fix. I am disputing what Sam is suggesting you do.
However, for all the OS upgrades I have done since
Leopard, I have never had a problem.