RP-82 false specs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sebastien R, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Sebastien R

Sebastien R Extra

Hi, I just bought a RP-82 and I can't seem to be able to find the GAMMA CORRECTION setting mention in the specs on their the Panasonic website. Does the RP-82 have one or is it a misprint from Panasonic.

Also, can someone tell what is the 4:4:4 signal processing and does the RP-82 really have this fonction(it's in the specs on the website but not on the box or in the instruction manuel)

And finaly just to make sure, does the RP-82 equipped with the SAGE/FAROUDJA DCDi chip.

Thank you.

2. CoreyH

CoreyH Stunt Coordinator

From what I understand, there is no Gamma Correction option on the 82, and the specs on their website are inaccurate.

It really does have 4:4:4, but is basically not a manually adjustable option.

And yes, it has the S/F DCDi chip.

Hope this helps,

3. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

... and before you ask, the RP-82 does not have the "letterbox zoom and shift" listed either.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

It doesn't have a gamma control per se, but gamma does change when you switch it from Normal to Cinema 1 or Cinema 2 (though not by much).

Gamma is fully adustable on the JVCs, but overall pq isn't quite as good.

5. Jo_M

Jo_M Stunt Coordinator

Would gamma control also include the lighter/darker settings in the setup menu?

6. MikeSRC

MikeSRC Second Unit

No. The lighter/darker settings are black level settings, which is different than gamma.