What's new

Rotel RB-1080 power amp keeps blowing fuses, I have B&W Matrix 802 Series 3 Speakers (1 Viewer)

david cro

Agent
Rotel RB-1080 power amp keeps blowing fuses, I have B&W Matrix 802 I recently bought a pair of B&W Matrix 802 Series 3 speakers on eBay and powered them with an Yamaha 3090 integrated amp. After a few months I decided to upgrade my Amplifier to Rotel Pre/Power and got RSP-1068, RMB-1075 and the RB-1080 (at Rotel's recommendation to power my B&Ws) I don't particularly play my system at high volumes, but I've had to take the RB-1080 in 3 times to be mended, as the left channel keeps going down even when I swap my B&W speakers around it always the amps left channel. I've just got it back now, Rotel say they have fixed an intermittent fault but I'm just waiting for it to go again. Can someone please help.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
No chance that you've got a stray wire shorting things out either on the speaker or amp end? If that's not it, I'd press Rotel for a new unit or look to get my money back and try something else.

Christian M

Agent
I'd check out club rotel... From what i've read, it sounds like the fuse blows if the 1080 is hooked up with the trigger.

I'm not totally sure, but post a thread there and I'm sure you'd get your answer (and then some :))

Christian

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
Find out what Rotel did to fix your amp. The 1080, left channel fuse blowing with the 12v trigger is a famous thread over at Club Rotel. Do a search over there, and you will find a wealth of information.
Basically you need the 6.3A fuses changed for 8 Amp fuses and a resistor/capacitor upgrade.
Here is a good link to get you started http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...ight=1080+fuse

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks