What's new

Rotel and Klipsch (1 Viewer)

Hello everybody

I have a nice system:
Rotel combo (RSP 1066 and RMB 1075) which runs great with my Def Tech speakers (BP2006TL, C2002, BP1.2X).

I can not imagine anything sounding better in my living area (which is very limited). I am 100% happy with what I have. Now, a friend of mine with a larger room is thinking HT and of course I directed him to Rotel combo (probably with RSP 1055), which he is going to get soon. The problem is speakers. We really like Klipsch 7 series (he is going to spend around 4k plus minus couple of hundreds for speakers). We listen to Klipsch in the local Ovation shop and were impressed. The only problem is that we are not able to audition them with Rotel equipment, hence the question:

Does Klipsch go well with Rotel?

Any comments welcome

Krzysztof W

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
I have a Klipsch and Rotel combo and they match up really well.

Rotel 1066 Pre-Amp
Rotel RMB 1075 main amp
Rotel RB981 stereo amp
Klipsch RC7's x 3 across the front
Klipsch KSF 8.5's rears

Sounds excellent! Good detail but not harsh like some of the brighter amps such as Adcom or ATI(Outlaw). I am enjoying the combo.

Dalton

DanaA

Screenwriter
I only use the pre/pro with my Klipsch RB-5's, but have heard people over at the Klipsch board really saying nice things about this match. If I'm not mistaken, Dalton uses the above combo matched with RF-7's and loves the system. Dalton, you there? What I'd do is go to Klipsch.com and post this in their home theater forum and see the responses. Those guys really know their Klipsch. You might also try the Rotel forum over at htguide.com.

My guess is that all would be great if you love the Klipsch sound.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
LOL:laugh:
Dana,
Yes i do love my setup. Took too long for me to find the right combo! At least till upgraditus hits again!

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
My Klipsch setup:

Mains: Forte II
Center: KV-3 (Academy soon)
Surrounds: RS-3
Sub: SVS 20-39PCi

I spent a long time auditioning amps and receivers, looking for a good match for my speakers. When I finally got around to listening to Rotel separates I knew pretty much instantly that I had found the perfect match, IMO. I'm now saving for a RMB-1075/RSP-1066 combo.

Your friend is looking at new Klipsch and there's a pretty big difference between the new Reference line and the older speakers. Still, I think it's a good match and your friend would be quite happy.

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
I can't wait to audition these. How much is the going rate for the RSP 1066 and RMB 1075??

BobAlbano

Second Unit
I was able to get the package for $1975.00 out the door. I will be hooking it up tonight to my Klipsch Reference 3 system and will let you know how it sounds. I was previously using a Denon 3300, Outlaw 950, and Pioneer Elite 36tx as pre-pro's before the 1066.

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
BobAlbana,
Yes, please do tell us how it sounds. :)
I have the Klipsch Reference Series 7 speakers and I am too looking at the Rotel RMB-1095 and the Rotel RSP-1066. I am also interested on how the Parasound HCA-2205AT compares to the Rotel RMB-1095 with Klipsch.

EarleD

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Earle Decker
Im using a Rotel 1055 and a Rotel 985mkII amp with Klipsch KG series speakers and love the combo. Like Dalton said the sound is detailed without being harsh. Great match IMHO.

Earle

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Klipsch speakers are easy on amps, they are very effecient, only thing I would look at in a amp is one with high Damping for good control of the drivers. Rotels typically have higher damping factor than Japenese Amps, however you can drive Klipsch with any amp (typically)

Haris Ellahi

Second Unit
Real Name
Haris Ellahi
The Rotel RMB-1095 has a damping factor of 400 and the Parasound HCA-2205AT has a damping factor of 1000.

Randy Haines

Stunt Coordinator
I use klipsch Forte's as my mains, with an RC-7 as a center, and with RS-7's as dipole surrounds, with KG-4's as my rears. I also have a Klipsch KP-480 pro passive sub. I also use a McIntosh H-T2 passive sub. I power this with an Aragon 8008x3b for the 3 fronts, a Crown PB-1 for the surrounds, an Adcom 555 for the rears and a Crown K-2 for the subs. I have not heard the Rotel gear with Klipsch before, but my Anthen AVM-20 sounds awesome with this setup. Klipsch are so efficient and detail oriented that they will sound good almost anywhere, depending on if you like the big sound of a horn. If I had the money, I'd have Klipschorns and Belle Klipsch's for my fronts and rears. You'd need a room bigger than I have I think, though.

Anyone know what happened to the Anthem threads?

Yogi

Screenwriter
Parasound, I have found, mates better with Klipsch. Rotel tends to be bright with Klipsch. Initially the Rotel/Klipsch combo could sound phenominal and very detailed (most people mistake forward treble with detail) but over time the combo can lead to listener fatigue, IMHO.

Krzysztof, if you can, also try auditioning other speakers besides Klipsch. Any speaker more than 89 db sensitivity should be no problem for your 1075 to drive to reference levels. Do yourself a favor and also listen to B&W's with Rotel. You'll find it very detailed, musical and neutral.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Yogi

actually when I was first auditioning my Rotel equipment I did it with B&W and it was great. I went with Def Tech due to budget and the specific limitation of my small listening area. Bipolar Def Tech make miracles here, while some other (possibly better) speakers would be completely waisted in my room. However, my friend has a lot of space, so it is a different matter

Krzysztof

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks