What's new

Rotel 1065 Receiver come in silver and cool blue LEDs? (1 Viewer)

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Hey kids...

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if the Rotel 1065 receiver is going to be offered in silver and if it has the cool blue LED things going on. Anyone have any info/pics?

Thanks,
Jeff in Houston

Wayne McRae

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff,try E-mailing Rotel.I've sent them 3 E-mails and they got back to me within a couple of hours each time.

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne McRae
Thanks, Wayne. Not sure why I had such a massive brainfart and didn't think to do this. Every once in awhile it's nice to have someone give ya a little bite of a common sense sandwich!
:b
Thanks again... I'll post what I find out.
Later,
Jeff in Houston

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne
Well I just got the following response back from the Rotel guys.

Dear Jeff,
Thank you for your interest in Rotel! I apologize for any inconvenience. I am only able to provide information regarding existing models. Please notify your Rotel dealer of this correspondence so that he may offer the most up to date information regarding new model introductions.

Lots of help, huh? NOT! This is just silly. I have about a snowball's chance in hell of getting any decent info out of the one and ONLY dealer of Rotel gear here in Houston, The Home Theater Store. They are lucky to know that Rotel even MAKES home theater equipment, much less when I might be able to snag a silver 1065. What a crock. I am NOT pleased.
Oh well... guess I still have to rely on someone here to have talked to a Rotel rep at a trade show or be buddies with one for REAL info.
Later,
Jeff, ticked in Houston

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I just got a call this morning from Rotel and was told that the 10 series will be available in silver. The power amps will retain black cooling fins on the front with thr indent between the two sets of fins being silver.;)

Aslam Imran

Second Unit
The power amps will retain black cooling fins on the front with thr indent between the two sets of fins being silver.
That wouldn't look cool at all IMO. I would like to see the whole amp in silver or atleast the fins in silver and the indent in black. But I think Rotel knows best so I'll leave it to them.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I asked about that and was told that to maintain the proper cooling properties the fins could not be done in silver. It may not look that bad, just have to wait and see.;)

JeffHayes

Stunt Coordinator
Brent
Hey dude... thanks for the info. Any chance you could ask your evidently informed dealer if the knob on the 1065 receiver will have the blue LED surround look and power indicator like the 1066 pre/pro does?
Thanks a ton!
Jeff in Houston

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks