What's new

Roswell UPN: Different? (1 Viewer)

Jose C

Grip
Anyone else think that the show seemed a little different from when it was on the WB? It seemed to me like Liz had changed directions and gone more irresponsible than she's been in the past, and all the main characters seemed to be in bed with someone else. It's not bad - just a change from last season.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Well, there was cinematography, contrasting the rosy warm past with the harsh present. Liz is rebelling (better late than never? :) ) -- one of her best friends was murdered, life is short and all that. She and Max were always supposed to be together, so they don't count. Maria and Michael are still together.
Isabel never really was with anyone (that wasn't harboring an alien parasite), so she's the only one that has had a major relationship change.
Switching networks does give them a better opportunity to change directions; not that they didn't do that in the second season anyway. I'm still going to watch to see how it turns out.
//Ken

Danny R

Supporting Actor
It seems very different to me as well.
I for one was a bit put off by Liz's remarks to Max when he asked if they could get back together. They made it seem like it was Max who strayed and bedded someone else, when it was Liz who broke off their relationship.
What happened with the whole reason why Liz drove Max away in the first place?

Lisel

Stunt Coordinator
As I recall, Liz never slept with Kyle; Future Max told her that she had to push his younger self away, and that's how she chose to do it. Sure, Max didn't know that when he bedded Tess -- but as a woman (well, I don't wanna speak for all women, but I at least am not completely ruled by logic in matters of the heart) I can understand why Liz would still feel betrayed.
I'm afraid I can't comment on the new season because I don't get UPN.
Lisel

Rachel_Parker

Auditioning
I think its a little different, but the new channel gives them the opportunity to go in directions they may not have been able to go in before. Did you watch tonight's episodes? I think it is getting better and better with each passing week. If you haven't watched it lately, come back, because it is getting really intense. The next episode is on on Feb. 26.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, last night's was the first in a while that definitely has me interesting in what's going to happen next. Of course, that's easier, given what happened.

Kinda like the six episodes at end of the first season.

//Ken

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks