What's new

Roseanne season 5 - 9/12 (1 Viewer)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
Looks like there will be some more commentaries here.

I am glad these keep coming out so fast, season 5 is my favorite season of the show (season 6 is a very close second)

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I am also glad they are hurrying up with these!

I hope the same thing for the GOLDEN GIRLS sets..

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Extras don't look great though, although the commentaries sure do.

Have we lost all possible chances of anybody else in the cast participating now?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
There is a Halloween single disk coming this year. Has anyone heard if the Season 1 Halloween show will be uncut? As most know the complete Season 1 DVD contained the syndicated cut of the shows

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
the first Halloween episode for Roseanne was "Boo!" in season 2. Each successive season had a Halloween episode as well, but there wasn't one for season one. Sorry :frowning:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member

Oh I had heard that George Clooney was in the first Halloween episode and I thought he was only on the show during first season . My error.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Mine shipped today from Deep Discount.
Hopefully the reviews will reveal that bonus disc.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
No, I'm in the UK so it won't be until next week - probably after the release date.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Well I was hoping the halloween disc would be listed in either today's CC or BB ad but no luck. I think DDD is the only place listing this "bonus CD"...

:frowning:

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone else noticed that the "audio commentary" listed on the back cover of the Halloween DVD is actually just the same video commentary that they used for the "Season 4" set? I suppose I could be missing some menu or option for an audio commentary, but I can't find anything. Part of the reason I got the DVD was for a "new" commentary. The commentary isn't listed as new or exclusive, but since it stated "audio commentary", I figured it had to be new since no previous DVD release had an audio commentary.

Oh well, not a huge loss on the commentary. While I bought the "Season 4" set on release date, I only fairly recently got around to watching the video commentaries from Roseanne, and I wasn't that impressed. She seemed kind of disgruntled about certain things and for some reason couldn't remember the name of a lot of the actors, even those with relatively long-running recurring roles. She also repeated herself several times, making the same exact comment more than once in a row. A bit strange.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
So there will be new commentaries on the Season 5 set??

I actually just saw the 2 video commentaries for Season 4 today, and I LOVED them. I thought she said a lot of interesting things, even if she couldn't remember the names of some people. I hope she does a lot of commentaries for Season 9, because I wanna know what she was thinking during that season...

Anyways, has anyone else noticed that the Roseanne sets were always advertised for seasons 1-3, and then for Season 4 and for Season 5, they aren't advertised anywhere??

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G

Maybe they (the dvds) no longer need a "push" with ads.. maybe the studio is completely satisfied with sales of Roseanne on dvd and doesnt want to spend more money on ads..

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I haven't watched it on N@N in awhile considering how quickly the DVD's are coming out. Do they show advertisements for the sets on there?

I guess a season like 5 isn't getting a lot of commercials because it's generally regarded as the show at it's best (or at least near the best) and they know the quality speaks for itself and the fans will buy it anyways. I wonder if you'll see more ads in time for season 7, which is generally regarded as the season the show fell from grace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks