What's new

Roseanne season 5 - 9/12 (1 Viewer)

John Carr

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed the lack of advertising for the season 5 of Roseanne...the same happened with the last few Frasiers and Cheers. It's the way older series with more than 5 seasons are treated now, like abandoned children. Let them make their own way, that way no one can be blamed for declining sales. It's sad...

Then the studio execs can blame poor sales when they stop releasing them. Hell, maybe it would be better not to release any older shows, is that what they're telling us?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, IMO, once a show makes it to season 5, there's a good shot we're going to reach the finish line. Like I read that season 5 of Golden Girls didn't reach sales expectations, but I still see season 6 coming soon with buzz saying season 7 will be out in spring 2007. Whereas Boy Meets World s3 didn't reach sales expectations and season 4 is now in DVD limbo

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
If you didn't buy Season 1/2/3 when there was a big marketing push, are you likely to buy Season 5 even with a push? I very much doubt it.

If you did buy Season 1/2/3, do you need reminding?

Season 3 is generally where the execs look at sales and see if they are going to continue.

Why advertise to people who already know about the DVDs?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

true, I think season 4 is the giveaway that we're gonna see the rest or not. I don't know of any show that has been abandoned after season 4 or 5. From the pace the show has been coming out, I predict we will have the 9th and final season of Roseanne in our collections about this time next year.

MichaelFA

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot wait for Season 9 of Roseanne on DVD... I really think it is my most anticipated DVD purchase ever... N@N doesn't even show half of the Season 9 episodes, and it will be good to finally see them uncut again after 10 years... and the series finale uncut as well will be nice.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Got mine, DeepDiscountDVD shipped it a while back and it got to the UK on the release date :)

Strangely, AB had on one of those 'ALSO ON DVD' inserts shown a change of packaging (instead of teal, it was orange), the actual DVD is the old cover still shown at Amazon but the DVD menus are the orange theme. Also slightly amusing is the fact the insert of the teal DVD actually shows the orange cover.
Its funny to think that maybe when Roseanne worked on the extras, she hated the design and asked for a new one and part of it got through - its really strange to see different DVD art on the booklets, on the DVD menus but not the actual set.

Roseannes Top Ten Questions is now Top 8 :D

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I have a friend who has connections with Buena Vista (she also has Sony and Fox connections) and she told me that BV wasn't too pleased with sales of season 4 and 5 compared to the earlier seasons. Does everything have to be on a webpage to be linked to be said?

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
actually, I don't disbelieve everything she tells me. She told me that "Facts Of Life season 3 is coming in the fall, trust me", and it was. And let's face it, Sony is not the most predictable company in terms of releases. She also told me that Fox was going to reissue Angel in slimcases before TSOD announced it. It really sucks that in order to know anything, you have to have a stamped certificate of authenticity to prove it. I don't know how much she knows, but the fact she knew FOL season 3 was going to be coming out in the fall (when I think most FOL fans were crossing their fingers that we'd see season 3 by next summer) lets on that she knows what she's talking about.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
either which way, who gives a crap if Golden Girls' last few seasons haven't sold as well? Buena Vista have already let it be known that we're going to cross the finish line with the show so it's not like we need to worry that sales are going to lead them to abandon it with one season left.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks