What's new

Room dimensions for front projection (1 Viewer)

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Need some advise please.
I would like to have front projection and my room dimensions are of concern. My HT will be in my basement and the area is 16x13 and the height is only 6'4". Will the low height of the ceiling negate my being able to have front projection?

Thanks.

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
My price range is $3500-$4000 which includes the screen and required cables.
The screen size can be adjusted to fit the room dimensions. 80x40 is so is a workable screen size for me.
I'd like to go with a projector that has the hd2+ chip or something similar.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
My HT, The Driftwood, is 16'x9' with the front half of the rooms ceiling at 6'6". The back half has a ceiling height of 7'6". You may not get away with a second row of seating on a deck, but you can do FP. You'll also have to mount the PJ as close to the ceiling as possible.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Since a front projector-based project is a bit beyond the beginner's level, I've moved this thread to Display Devices.

Tony Mc

Stunt Coordinator
Is it necessary to ceiling mount the projector? Can I use a table to sit the projector on if I desire?
Next question is what good models are there to use in $4000-4500 price range that will suit my room dimesions? There is only a basement window that is easily covered, so daytime lighting will not be a problem to avoid.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
You are free to table top mount the PJ. I started out this way but my Panny has a short throw lens so it had to sit on a table in the middle of the front row eliminating a great seat for viewing and 2-channel listening.

Most any PJ will suit your room fine. If mounting location is important look at models with either long or short throw lenses. As far as ones in that price range I cannot offer advise as I was in the 1k camp when shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks