What's new

Ron Epstein...Film Critic For The NY Daily News? (1 Viewer)

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Tino, Gandalf kicks Dumbledore's ass easily :) Just kidding, I hope that both movies will make enough money so that the sequels are not in danger. It seems that the next few movie winters will be the best since a long time.
------------------
-Dominik Dröscher ICQ: 25318265
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes."

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Can I have your autograph?
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Tino, Gandalf kicks Dumbledore's ass easily :) Just kidding, I hope that both movies will make enough money so that the sequels are not in danger.
Well since all three Lord of the Rings were shot together there is no chance that we won't see the sequels there. Also, isn't the Harry Potter sequel starting filming soon. I saw an article that Kenneth Branagh will be in it.
------------------
smallhb.jpg

Adrian Jones

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
With "not in danger" I meant that the Peter Jackson still hast the creative control over the project (editing etc.) and that we won't see a cut down version with cheap special effects.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
This is one time when I can genuinely say that a famous person is a nice guy in "real life". :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Wow, nice year.
New server.
Scooter makes the US News and World Report
Ron makes NY Daily News (among other places).
Edwin gets "copied" on his Summer Art Film thread idea for one of the NY papers (Times was it?)
Hey, I've even had a couple of letters printed over at Reel.com (Hollywood Confidential - Jeffrey Welles). Okay, "no f***ing ballpark about it" (Pulp), but almost the same ballpark. :)
Could it be that rather than just being some mouthy punks or techno-geeks, we actually have a collection of insightful film/home theater buffs that work hard for the art rather than simply ranting about the flavor of the week.
It's one more sign that the HTF has become a "real", full-blown website. Hey, I check with the rest of my boys here on new films as much as Rotten Tomatoes now. The 2001 film thread is an invaluable resource.
I also think the meets have A LOT to do with the strength of the site. The fact that it's more like a club or organization thanks to so much in-person contact elevates it beyond stuff like the Usenet, etc.
------------------
Greetings from the Humungus! The Lord Humungus!
The Warrior of the Wasteland!
The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
Ah, Ex-Qwezee me! Are you posted as DVDtalklover and aicn? Yes, why? Did you say Ronny Epstein was a half a fag reviewer? Ya, Why? Ok, lets kick his a**!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Good job Ron! I know how thrilling it can be to get quoted in print, and you did a bang-up job with your review:
Just enough juice to keep people interested, but no real specifics that would spoil anything. Combine that with your enthusiastic tone and you got yourself a damn good review.
And yes, I am also jealous.
------------------
Scott Weinberg
------------------
http://www.ofcs.org

Kami

Screenwriter
If this much coverage is being given to our
forum now, just wait till next month. I am
anticipating that I can nab the first review of
another MAJOR holiday theatrical title that will
run rings around Harry Potter.
Now I'm really freaking jealous.
Congrats on the publicity :)
------------------
riders2.jpg

-Adam
(a.k.a. kami)
My budding DVD collection
[Edited last by Kami on November 01, 2001 at 08:24 AM]

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
"This is one time when I can genuinely say that a famous person is a nice guy in "real life". "
This is so true.
Congrats Ron, on the great review (read it early this week), and also being in print!!
Now If only I could have an autograph...
------------------
McPaul.
ICQ McPaul 121412168
[email protected]
"Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
McPaul is Canadian.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks