What's new

Roku HD 1000 User Experience (1 Viewer)

KenG

Auditioning
I am considering purchasing a Rokuu HD 1000 to display my digital photos on my HDTV. Since this product is offered by a new small company, I would appreciate comments from any users on the product and the support offered by the manufacturer. Thanks.

Jimmy_S

Grip
These boxes have been out for a while now, does anyone have experience with them yet?

--Jimmy

KenG

Auditioning
I purchased the HD 1000 about two years ago and I am generally pleased with it. I have it connected to a Mitsubishi 55 inch rear projection high definition TV via component video and the quality of my photos is very good. The HD 1000 is networked with two computers via a Belkin router and it located the router and connected itself with no problem - a pleasant surprise compared to some networking experiences I have had. I had trouble setting up file sharing for photo folders of interest only rather than all folders in C drive. I learned from their web site that HD 1000 only discovers folders with names 12 characters or less and it worked OK after I renamed the folders. I have had a minor problem with the unit crashing for no apparent reason and Roku has recommended I download an update to their software. The problem is so minor I have not bothered so far. I have had relatively little communication with Roku, but on the above issue they responded to my e-mail to tech support promptly and showed interest in following thru. I am not using their music feature since my music is in wma format. They have told me this feature will be added in the near future and that should enhance the unit's usefulness for me.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Ken Goff

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
I use one as something of a test device to stream HD content from a server to a display. It generally does a fine job. Firmware updates are pretty frequent, and the user community is very knowledgable, so any questions I've had, I've been able to get answers on pretty quickly.

Overall, I'd say for all the things it can do, it's a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks