What's new
World Wide Stereo

Rogers' PVR (1 Viewer)

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So I just got the Rogers PVR yesterday, and while I like the base functionality, there are definitely some issues. Just wondering if anyone else has experience with any of the following:

-Are the channels 800-899 just digital versions of the analogue channels? Just wondering if I should switch all of my perpetual recordings to the new channels.

-Is there really no way to filter the channels in the IPG? Expressvu not only let me filter out channels I didn't order, but also let me define my own sub lists.

-Is there no search functionality at all? There's nothing in any of the documentation about this feature, and it's very sorely missing...

If these are really limitations of the box, has Rogers made any effort to upgrade its software on these terminals at ANY point? Like I said, there's only a few features that this thing needs to go from good to great, but I'm worried that they'll never be added...

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kelly Grannell

Second Unit
I'd also like to know about Rogers' PVR. How much is it and do you need a subscription to their Digital Line Up? I want to buy one as a wedding gift but I know for sure that the recipient doesn't have the digital cable option.

If that doesn't work, I will need to buy them a Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder (which may cost me another US$200)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks