What's new

Roger Corman's Cult Classics (The 2010 Year In Review) (1 Viewer)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
So, the question is simple, which Corman gems did you pick up and why? For me, I bought:

• FORBIDDEN WORLD
  • GALAXY OF TERROR
  • PIRANHA
  • HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP
  • THE EVIL/TWICE DEAD (DOUBLE FEATURE) - Bought it for THE EVIL only.
  • THE TERROR WITHIN/DEAD SPACE (DOUBLE FEATURE)
  • NOT OF THIS EARTH ('88)

Why did I get 'em? I love monsters and aliens; love watching them breed, kill, and get killed. Plain and simple. Not necessarily in that order. Though, I do believe they were in that order in HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP.

Mutate and shape-shift, I forgot to mention that. Who doesn't love a monster or alien that mutates and turns into other more menacing things? And, the more mutable and transformative they are, the more in hog heaven I am.

I was originally going to put them in their correct genre in my video cabinets, but, ultimately, decided to keep them together on one shelf. They look better that way, seeing as they have all have that common Corman banner decorated on the cases side. Can fit two more on that shelf before it's full.

Now, what say you guys . . . ?

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I'm buying ALL the 1970s-to-early-1980s New World releases. But I confess that I just don't care at all for the New Concorde stuff - maybe I'll make an exception for THE NEST if that one appears at some point - because it just doesn't have the zest and cultural importance of the earlier stuff. None of the New Concorde films really feels essential for an exploitation collector.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks