What's new

Rocky & Bullwinkle Seasons 4 & 5...Any Word??? (1 Viewer)

Joe*A

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe
Don't forget that when we started purchasing the season sets in the early to mid-Naughts, they weren't selling for chicken feed - the avg cost of a set was $40 - $50. So for the Moose sets, I already paid $110 for Seasons 1 - 3 up here in Canada. Season 4 was only $14.99 (a steal). And you'll find that everytime they issue a complete series set, eventually they are marked down to nothing. The studios that release the DVD sets are shooting themselves and us in the foot.

Originally Posted by BobO'Link

And let's not forget the severely high MSRP for the complete set.

MSRP according to amazon/press release...

Full series: $149.95

S1 - $14.97

S2 - $14.97

S3 - $14.97

S4 - $19.98

S5 - ?

That's $64.89 MSRP for the first 4 seasons. You can typically pick them up for $45 or less.

That would make S5 have a MSRP over $85 for the complete set to be any kind of "bargain"!

TVshowsonDVD is now reporting the pre-order page has been taken down. Hopefully this means the reported MSRP is very incorrect!

I, too, will not double-dip for this even if it means I'll never own S5.

goteam007

Grip
Real Name
Bob
How bad are the logo marks on the sets? Really noticable? Too bad they couldn't get the proper Intros. Also the complete series packaging damages the discs. Kind of like the Flintstones and old Fraggle Rock complete series box.

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Am I the only one who hates the cover art design of the complete series box ? Nearly all of one side is taken up with that stupid 100% Complete Bull**** title. Is that supposed to be clever ? Now there's growing concern over the safety of the discs with the way they're being packaged.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by goteam007

How bad are the logo marks on the sets? Really noticable? Too bad they couldn't get the proper Intros. Also the complete series packaging damages the discs. Kind of like the Flintstones and old Fraggle Rock complete series box.

IMHO they're not *too* bad. They're rather smallish - much smaller than the current trend of "bugs" on live TV and I also recall them being translucent. After a while I'd not really notice them too much - but then I'd think about it again and *WHAM* in your face... It *has* been a while (over a year) since I've watched any of these so I should probably get one out for a refresher.

Mark Y

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by BobO'Link

IMHO they're not *too* bad. They're rather smallish - much smaller than the current trend of "bugs" on live TV and I also recall them being translucent. After a while I'd not really notice them too much - but then I'd think about it again and *WHAM* in your face... It *has* been a while (over a year) since I've watched any of these so I should probably get one out for a refresher.

[/QUOTE]
They come on for a few seconds at the beginning of each cartoon -- after the intro, just after the "cartoon proper" begins. But the segments thrown in as previews for the next season set (as part of the extras) are completely logo-free. (Pretty sure of that, anyway.)

I'd rather not have the logo bugs, but at least they are there and gone, translucent, and it just says "R&B" for a few seconds -- it's not like it's some cable network's name accompanied by animated spinning and flipping plugs for that week's reality show, accompanied with obnoxious cable guide-type listings of what's "coming up next" and scrolling news headlines...

goteam007

Grip
Real Name
Bob
Originally Posted by Mark Y

[/QUOTE]
They come on for a few seconds at the beginning of each cartoon -- after the intro, just after the "cartoon proper" begins. But the segments thrown in as previews for the next season set (as part of the extras) are completely logo-free. (Pretty sure of that, anyway.)

I'd rather not have the logo bugs, but at least they are there and gone, translucent, and it just says "R&B" for a few seconds -- it's not like it's some cable network's name accompanied by animated spinning and flipping plugs for that week's reality show, accompanied with obnoxious cable guide-type listings of what's "coming up next" and scrolling news headlines...

Well I guess that's not too bad. I wish the complete series packaging was safer. I really like the packaging of season 4. It was like a hard cover book. All they had to do was put five of those in an outer case. That could have been the complete series box. Easy.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^I agree, but then you'd have people complaining that all they did was put a box around the seasons! I, for one, do not like gimicky packaging and will avoid it if at all possible. While I'm not crazy about the S1-S3 packaging it's better than the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks