What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Dutch filmmaker Paul Verhoeven occupies a unique place in modern filmmaking on both sides of the Atlantic. His blending of social satire with more explicit themes such as violence and sex are evident in films like Soldier of Orange (1977), Spetters (1980), The Fourth Man (1983), Total Recall (1990), Basic Instinct (1992), Starship Troopers (1997), and the infamous cult film Showgirls (1995), just to name a few. His breakthrough film here in America, RoboCop, contains that mix of satire and violence while also letting loose with special effects in the director’s first Hollywood movie. Originally released by Orion Pictures theatrically and previously released on both DVD and Blu-ray by MGM and by Criterion on both Laserdisc and DVD, Arrow has licensed the film for a Limited Edition Blu-ray treatment.

RoboCop...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Dead or alive, you're coming with me. I have to check DVD Profiler to see when the last time I purchased this title was. I bet this is going to be an upgrade over whatever version is in my library.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
You are losing the old Criterion Commentary on the the Director's Cut but that's fairly redundant all things considered.

RJ992

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joel
As I already have the remastered directors cut, only draw for me are the new extras.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Agree with the reviewer that this is one of the best releases of 2019. Might even put it #1.

As I already have the remastered directors cut, only draw for me are the new extras.
I feel the Arrow release has a slightly improved PQ over the MGM/Fox release and until there is a 4k release the best out there. Plus we get the 2.0 & 4.0 lossless audio tracks.

On a sidebar Detroit will soon have a Robocop statue.
https://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/a30521657/robocop-statue-detroit/

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Limited edition also comes with this sticker which was not listed in the Arrow specs.

DSCN2428.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks