What's new

Robert Smith - REDUX! (1 Viewer)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
I just thought that I would float this out there, since Robert Smith is one of my favorite Makeup-wearing-Goth-80's-frontmen-who-shares-names-with-a-prematurely-retired running back.

Has anybody else noticed the amount of pub that the Cure, and Robert Smith, are starting to get these days? First it was the use of "Pictures of You" in that HP commercial, then it was Robert Smith popping up on the new (and actually quite good) Blink-182 album, and then 311 covers(and profits from) Love Song. The only thing he hasn't done is take on Mecha Barbara during her appearance on "Inside the Actor's Studio." I think it may be high time for him to put out some new material, as alot of the EMO craze is basically based on his, and the Cure's, body of work. Just thought I should ramble.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I'd get Cure in multichannel if they were to do that. Great band of the 80s.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I think the remasters of the Cure discography start rolling out next month! Can't wait...

I finally picked up Death Cab for Cutie's "Transatlanticism" SACD, and while the influences are certainly diverse (and, yes, including The Beatles obviously!), there's just a little bit of the ol' Robert Smith/Cure magic in there, too. Or I seem to hear a bit of that anyway. The plaintive voice, the plaintive themes, the wonderful pop songcraft... and the SACD sounds gorgeous.

JohnE

Supporting Actor

I enjoyed BLoodflowers and would prefer another album in that vein to another one in the Wild Mood Swings style. I agree it wasn't their best ever but I thought it was the best since Disintigration.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Anybody know about a multi-disc (box set) of B-sides, out-takes and such that is supposed to be out soon? I saw something in ICE magazine about it, but wasn't sure when it was supposed to be out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks